Coco BTJ-9000

Here’s a good Place to be both entertained (hopefully) and educated.

Thanks VB.

Silver wound transformers are so last year - turntable Mik has platinum trannies in his amps…

This makes no sense. I love it.

2 Likes

Blimey :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Turntable Mik has lost all rational perspective. I remember Saturday night at Scalford a couple of years back he mumbled his way through his assessment of all manner of esoteric and one off special arms, convinced there was something wrong with all of them - I looked at him and thought his mind must be lost in the cosmos somewhere :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha, sound like a description of Pete Best.

Belt

2 Likes

Top level done. Wiring is Duelund silver foil.

Bottom level wiring nearly done:

The idea is that the two halves are connected with screw terminals on the barrier strips, so they can be easily separated for maintenance.

Connectors are WBT next gen.

4 Likes

Apropos of wishful thinking, what would an integrated amp, built to a similar spec, with, say a mm input, 4 line level inputs and a tape loop set me back?

Probably 3 maybe even 4 chocolate muffins.

6 Likes

I’d hazard a guess and say there is probably around £3k of parts alone in that.

There would need to be a whole line stage added. Best keep it as separate boxes

You mean a complete pre, rather than just the phono, but with similar component quality?

I guess £10k or so depending on exact spec.

1 Like

Only three muffins then?

3 Likes

Lol, double it and you’re closer.

1 Like

Ok, so a 2 box solution then?

Not the full height 1930s sunray pattern boxes though, I’d want to see my money…

Ah, at least an early Coxster or a Ducati 916 then?

Unfortunately yeah.

Not necessarily. A line stage is very simple in comparison.

Not unfortunate, it is what it is. Going from what I can see from your work then it’s justified.

If my numbers in the idiot tax come in, I’ll give you a call! :heart_eyes:

1 Like