Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

Pah! Bloody hell Bob you’ll be asking next if cables make a difference :rage:

What Jim says - grind just before drinking.

Got one of these about 5 yrs ago, works very well.

By the way, thought I’d pop by from the other place and say hello.

3 Likes

Welcome - good to have you pop in.

Stick around - all your old friends are here :grinning:

Not really.
Machines cost a lot more and retain a fair bit of grounds usually. They take up space.
If you drink small amounts then a machine is overkill.

They are a lot easier though. A decent hand grinder is fine unless you are into proper espresso where fine grinds become a serious issue!

The simple answer is yes Bob. Not a huge difference though. I could do a full dissertation on the merits of hand ground over machine ground but it’d only bore the pants off you. :grin:

It doesn’t normally bother you Jim :grin:

4 Likes

I still think my De’longhi bean to cup machine is the ideal compromise, beans in one end water in the other, built in burr grinder, no tamping or mess just empty the bin with the coffee grounds pellets occasionally. Makes a great cup of coffee IMHO.

Hre’s one I made earlier :grinning:

1 Like

Fucks sake you lot asking dumb questions. Coffee, like hifi, is about huge expense and as much faff as possible. Get with the programme!

7 Likes

Fuck off with your subjectivist toss. I want measurements to back up your position before I ignore everything you say.

Oh, and Tea is more betterer every time.

1 Like

Fuck you, I’m starting a new forum, the Art of Horlicks.

7 Likes

Pipe and slippers hot beverage thread?

1 Like

Horlicks? Get out of the 1970s you great fanny. Oh, and Bovril is the nostalgia hot drink of the metrosexual…

Wow, what a lot of faff you lot go through…

Can’t beat a Nespresso imo… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nespresso/Naim

2 Likes

Coffee = Solid State
Tea = Valves

Ffs…there is no escape from this endless roundabout.

I used to grind for use in a cafetiere then went all minimalist and hip and moved to nespresso. Oh how I laughed at all the fuss people would go through when all I had to do was insert pod.

Reading this has made me want to dig out the old grinder and get right back on that old horse.

I’ll never find the grinder as likely be in a ruddy box marked shoes.

1 Like

Resist!

Like every other coffee machine I’ve ever owned, they’re so much faff to set up, and then clean after it’s hardly worth it…
They all end up collecting dust in a corner somewhere…

Also, aside from professional machines, nothing makes better frothed milk for Caps or Macs than then the Nespresso frother!

Nespresso don’t make the frother - it’s part of your machine. Many different manufacturers make machines suitable for Nespresso pods…

And they are all shit :laughing:

2 Likes