Contemplating a return to madness

fuck me, don’t turn this into a cable thread please.
My interest in wire is not much more than ‘does it conduct electrickery’ and does it have the right plug on the end? The wires i’m using at present are laughable…
This is my speaker cable

I shit you not.
I should probably sort this shit out before looking for an amp I guess…

2 Likes

ftfy

2 Likes

Ah yes the new compact under carpet range I see :+1:

Looks adequate to me

it gets the pleasing noises off my hard drive and to my speakers, if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. But yeah not exactly that safe for the amp really.

1 Like

Isn’t that the wrong way round ?

VB

3 Likes

The ViaBlue is hilarious. I like it though, makes me smile. Make me smile even more if some cunt bought some mind!

That is a genuinely good point - a valve amp might survive, but solid state will be a write-off.

No mention of vinyl. I’d start looking into decks, arms and carts decide on those and progress from there.

Buy my Tune Audio Primes
Jim’s Pass Lab Alephs
And make an offer for the Modwright LS/PS 36.5 on ebay

Close the thread.

1 Like

And all for £1.5k.:rofl:

1 Like

no fucker ever sticks to their budget.

So what about ‘digital amps’ there’s a pair of bel-cunto S300 monoblocks on a popular auction site at the moment that are in budget. I remember good things about hearing BC’s amps in the past but that was years ago and I believe they ditched the tri-path modules they used to use and now use the ubiquitous ice power modules like every other fucker.
I’m leaning towards something high power as I don’t think a valve amp within my price range would be a good match for my musical tastes, I’ve been down the hybrid route before (vincent spt-100s) which I loved but want to try something a bit different.

Gato DIA-250?

Welly + DAC.

Disclaimer: I have a Gato, and am also a notoriously unreliable twat.

Gato Dia-250
excitedly goes to e-bay.
discovers 2 amps, both in japan, both costing over twice the maximum stated budget.

way to go meat shop.

UK used price for a Gato DIA-250 is around £1500 if you are prepared to wait for one.

1 Like

Beat me to it.

I got the 400 for £2k.

They come up quite frequently.

1 Like

If we all say get the fucking Bel Cantos we can get back to talking shite about non hifi stuff.

The Bel Cantos are a fucking awesome choice. Yay, woohoo. Get them.

3 Likes

Now if someone could design an amp that is also a toaster and coffee maker we might have something worth discussing.

Like a new take on the Teasmade that my parents used to have.

Rings patent office immediately.:grinning:

Put a mokkapot on an NV… never mind.

1 Like

I’ve known some amps that double as convection heaters, I suspect those alephs for sale keep the gas bill down.