Could use some upgrade advice

I’d be tempted to try a Nima with Decca Gold on the Orbe, not massive money but the Decca has really impressed me so far.

Maybe, I seem to be one of the few that didn’t like the One I had, although I thought it sounded very similar to Helius Scorpio 3 I also had ?

I tried it on a Garrard and Acoustic solid

The Audiomods arms seem well liked - and very reasonably priced. Getting to hear one will be tricky though. If a used one comes up I’d be tempted - no risk.

My Bergmann deck was less than £4000, comes with nifty parallel tracker.

Find one of those, lob a Shelter/VDH/Hana on for good times.

3 Likes

What’s the blutack budget?

Off the charts.

But only if you use silly carts like mine.

You should sell your IO and get something decent.

1 Like

Denon?

Shure.

1 Like

Probably up a unicorn’s arse,

You don’t see them very often Mark!

There’s one or two out there but nowhere near £4k

True, but no need to go diving in. Fun stuff does turn up from time to time.

Unfortunately, I do not possess the levels of optimism required for examining the rectums of fantasy creatures in the hope of finding aural nirvana.

Or maybe I need to change my drug of choice.

Anyway, if anyone should happen to spot a unicorn shitting a turntable, do let me know. That’s a party not to be missed.

Now my Gato is back from repair (and with the family out of the house), I cranked up the welly.

I hadn’t quite appreciated how much the H2s like to belt it out. They really do go very, very loud.

I’m not ready for new speakers yet - I reckon the H2s have more to give, so will mess with amps for a bit until I find the ideal match.

4 Likes

This thread came up when I searched Hana SL so may not be the correct place.

Having 20+ hours on my new Hana SL I am very very impressed for the money. It easily lives with my Kesiki PHS and Japanese original Io, which has recently been factory rebuilt. The rebuild alone cost multiples of the cost of the Hana! I do not mean that they all sound the same but the balance of all attributes for each, when compared to the cost, puts the Hana up there with the best. The Io is best overall, it can make you weepy and can also punch you through the back of the sofa but then it really ought to be!

A truly lovely cart which I could live with every day. If you like MC and have a suitable SUT I cannot but recommend this cart. I really doubt that you will be disappointed. I "omitted " to mention to SWMBO that I had swapped in a new cart from the previous PHS. SWMBO has ears like a cat but has happily sat for two evenings listening to this and requesting her favourite albums. Result. Listening to Kate Bush Hounds of Love on request. Irish pipes and drums are alive in the room. Panning is clear and wide outside the speakers/ room walls. Diction of the different voices very clear.

JUts to indicate that there is nowhere for the cart to hide it is running through, TT Oracle /Audiomods an ANS 2 Silver SUT, SJS top of the range Phono / Graff 13.5B II pre / Sugden Masterclass monos and Kondo wired ART Impressions ,so the window is quite wide open to reveal any issues.

I am very impressed and totally happy with this cart. If in budget and you prefer MC to MM. Buy one.

4 Likes

Yes concur absolutely

@horace

Audiomods + Hana SL. I am using exactly those at the minute. Ludicrously good for the money in relative terms.

Thanks - will explore.

Keep an eye on audio-markt, they come up at reasonable money from time to time

Thanks, but I don’t want one.