Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

Milk in coffee? Bloody ridiculous.

1 Like

You need this:

and this:

4 Likes

I disagree :roll_eyes:

Pah, all that faff for a coffeeā€¦

This place is less than a minute away, and they let me park next to the bar!

4 Likes

When you are half asleep in the morning, nah, bean to cup mate.

1 Like

Iā€™ve done coffee foo and had the lot.

None of it beats fresh beans, ground, and vac pot for me.

Itā€™s not even a faff. Although it does need scales and a thermo pen!

Hasbean have an app with brew guides, and fheir vac pot one works!
I have a Hario one, but always use a glass rod not a spring filterā€¦ they are not as easy to come by, though.

OCD

1 Like

Iā€™m far from that.

Try one, and if you donā€™t agree, ok!

Scales and a thermopen?..whatever-the-fuck-one-of-them-isā€¦ for a cup of coffee?

Youā€™re having a tin bath.

1 Like

Can you get a crema off with one of those?

They make the cleanest cup of coffee I have had. Like a cafetiĆØre without the bits.

Crema is foo speak.

I drink black coffee in big mugs (I do like espresso as well) and this method always gets best flavour and sharpness.

As for scales, I use them for volumes, and they replace measuring cups for cocktails too. Thermopens are useful for water temp as I do the vac pot on a gas hob, but you can do it by eye after practice.

Not interested then.

2 Likes

Just get a new cafetiere, one that works.

Half asleep at 5am, yes, so I get up, switch on the machine, shower & shave, then downstairs again for a very fine cup. Or two. Even the grimmest day in prospect is rendered slightly less ominous after a really good coffee. For me itā€™s worth the undoubted faffing.

Oh FFS, thermo pen. Good god man, can you not read the things you type?

Lifeā€™s too short. My bean to cup makes excellent coffee with very little faff, I have owned various machines including a Gaggia espresso machine which was far more fannying about for little or no gain IMHO the b to c will be staying.

Decent grindr (oops, grinder), and a Sage coffee machine is all you need.

1 Like

More like.

All too much faff, this is all you need:

2 Likes

Tried cold brew coffee. No epiphany, just tasted like badly made weak coffee served cold. Their filter coffee was actually particulalrly nice, albeit probably not enough to merit the price. A big meh from me :-1: