Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

It is however fucking rocket fuel

weā€™ve made three batches now, and it is strong and delicious. We are using 55g of medium ground dark roast beans to about 700ml water - cold brewed for about 12 hours.

If you donā€™t like that you could try bird shit coffee

Iā€™m going out on a limb here and awarding you a pre weekend cockpunch for this. Why you are surprised at the result of drinking cold weak coffee escapes me.

You are displaying early onset stages of advanced middle aged hipsterism. :frowning:

9 Likes

Bastard twat brexit vote just put my coffee machine out of price range. A couple more months of saving required. Fuckdiddlydum

Thatā€™s a bummer Bob.
What were you thinking of getting?

It was a German machine Profitec, it ticked all the right boxes but the exchange rate has just put in a rather large price increase.

Looks like it would have a Dalek in a fight

3 Likes

Looks nice, and looks as if itā€™s got twin boilers :+1:
When your passing buy, youā€™re always welcome to pop in and try some of my coffee.

1 Like

Too much polishing there. Ā£1900 for a fucking coffee machine, are you mad?

1 Like

When Cheshire says that, you know it is excessive.

2 Likes

Right up your street Iā€™d have thought - not the polishing but the shiny bits :grinning:

You keeping well?
You know youā€™re welcome as well.

Itā€™s in Stereo. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you. Just recovered from a bad back after lifting my sonā€™s Cerwin Vega VS12 speakers into my car one morning.

Not really my thing shiny coffee machines, in the morning I need something you just switch on and press a button. I do now have a milk frother though. Mine is bean to cup, I have had all the separate grinders and expensive shiny machines and now just want convenience.

My bean to cup fully automatic coffee machine. Had it 3 years now and has never let me down. :hugs:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your back Bob.
Take care.

Not that fucking mad, canā€™t afford to be, us simple serpents are only allowed to be a touch mad. You need to be looking further down their range :slight_smile: The other machine i fancied took a price hike from Ā£1200 to Ā£1900, as an example of the recent price increases.

On the eve of buying it and La Spezialle pops the others to the post. A mini Vivaldi II can be had from a UK seller or a Dream T from an Italian web shop.

The latter has an 800 quid price advantage over that machine via a UK retailer but the Italian returns policy and guarantee runs roughshod all over EU law and the consumer protection act, any dispute would be a mare to sort out. However they do offer PayPal, so a six month money back warranty is essentially available, hassle free.

1 Like

Itā€™s a great machine Bobā€¦makes superb coffee.

Very reliable too - had mine for 10 years and nothing has ever malfunctioned. :+1:

Are you getting the plumbed in or tanked model?

Tanked with the reciprocating pump Jim. Wonā€™t get the pre infusion on the Vivaldi, but will on the Dream T.

Jim, once you set your programme up do you tend to change it or just stick with it? The Dream T allows for a lot more control than the Vivaldi, but itā€™s a risky procurement route compared to the Vivaldi.