Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

I’ve only changed it a couple of times Bob, since I’ve had it. The Vivaldi can be modded to allow pre-infusion, according to folk on S1cafe.com. I’s very simple apparently.

I bet the Dream T doesn’t have an entire forum devoted to it :wink:

It’s on the S1 forum Jim, is essentially a Vivaldi with some additional controls. If you want to do a manual shot on the Vivaldi can you do it by pressing the programme button for three secs, then press the cup icon for on, wait for the shot, then press for off?

Ah, I haven’t kept abreast with the new machines. :tired_face:

Yes, the cup button can be programmed for any dose, but after starting can be pressed again to interrupt the flow of water at any point.

Cheers Jim, I have a feeling that is pretty much all I want function wise so will probably play safe and but the UK Vivaldi.

1 Like

These machines do take a while to pay for themselves, compared to a decent café 100m away where they actually make the coffee for you.

1 Like

:+1:

Yeah, I’ve been to one or two independents in central London where the standard is almost up to Jim’s. The rest are a long way off.

1 Like

Coffe machine: 1800 quid.
Coffee beans: at least a fiver for 200g.
Not seeing uncaffeinated Bob or Jim in public first thing in the morning: priceless.

2 Likes

…and, unless it’s one of the big chains, the beans probably won’t be too fresh

1 Like

that’s very nice of you, cheers…:blush:

I’m always worried by how he froths the milk. Trying to pretend that tube is something to do with the fishtank.
We know.

4 Likes

It’s landed, still messing around with it but first efforts are encouraging. Hand Grinder turns up in a couple of weeks so just using coffee as freshly ground as can be for now.

6 Likes

You’ll get one of those powered grinders inside 3 months as you’ll get pissed off with grinding (fnar, fnar).

I’m not taking that bet, being a bastard of the lazy variety I tend to agree with you. :grinning:

Nice one Bob :+1:

1 Like

I’ve recently discovered this guy: on the road between me and Exeter, so I can actually drive direct to the roasters and pick up my beans. Or he sells on the farmer’s market in central Exeter, on Thursdays. Very very good indeed. Southwest coffee-heads be aware!
He seriously knows what he’s doing.

https://www.crankhousecoffee.co.uk

1 Like

Very cool Bob :+1:

Cheers for the heads up I’ll treat myself and give him a try

1 Like

Buy green and roast your own

I do!

1 Like