Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

@BobC where did you get you machine from? We came home to find our old Isomac Zafiro closer to the grave than I thought. So i’ll be buying a La Spaziale sooner rather than later.

How long from order to delivery did your supplier take?

1 Like

Hi, got it from bean machines (bean hero). They are a commercial outfit and don’t have the shop front of the likes of Bella Barista. Took a week to arrive and their engineer checked it over, including the offsets. They are an authorised agent.

Avoid coffee Italia, great if it goes ok, nightmare if you need to call on the warranty.

1 Like

cheers bob.

just noticed you comment about Coffee Italia. Interestingly they are the only supplier of machines by Isomac - my existing machine, and were really helpful in trying to help me find spare parts, when Bella Barista (the selling retailer) washed their hands of it. Unfortunately I can no longer find anyone to service it, and although I can do it myself it is getting near impossible to buy parts… hence the new one…

The main problem I saw with them was their Ts and Cs. They are an Italian company who have set up a UK rep, but you buy from the Italian company. They completely disregard EU consumer protection law, in particular your rights under distance selling, even stating that any disagreements must be settled in a particular italian Court. I was tempted to go for the Dream T at some £700 quid cheaper than any UK supplier but figured there is a reason why they are £700 quid cheaper.

However, if you feel comfortable with them then the Dream T is the machine to go for in the La Spezialle range.

1 Like

thanks, I see what you mean.

The new Nespresso limited edition Variations are excellent. There’s coconut, liquorice and orange favours and they’re all really decent.

The coconut one makes a lovely cappuccino and the other two are best drunk as espressos from my experience so far.

Any coffee flavoured ones? :wink:

12 Likes

Silence, imbecile.

1 Like

Is there an dislike button?

3 Likes

a

1 Like

Fat fingers…

They’re awesome you heathens :smiley:

Very metro :ribbon:

2 Likes

Variations on good, i.e. shit. :smile:

2 Likes

Costa have just introduced “Nitro Coffee” in the new stores.

It’s black Americano, chilled overnight in a fridge then infused with nitrogen under pressure - looks a bit like Guinness when it comes out.

Bloody hell :crazy_face: It’s like drinking shampoo through a straw - instant huge caffeine hit…:flushed: talk about bouncing off the walls…

1 Like

Far be it to pick faults with your otherwise incoherent ramblings … but … is an Americano not black anyhoo?

2 Likes

Not if you have milk in it :roll_eyes:

Americano is espresso topped up with hot water - with or without a splash of milk.