Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

partially true - the main reason is to ensure a consistent extraction time and time again, given that the flavour profile of the beans will differ from producer to producer and location to location. Bulk roasters like Costa, pride themselves on delivering a consistent flavoured drink each and every time, and darker roasting evens out and hides the nuanced differences in flavour profiles from harvest to harvest and grower to grower.

But yes, darker roasts are also used to hide poorer quality beans. Typically in a blend the poorer quality beans will be Robusta.

Just having a Macchiato, but I double the milk, ie double espresso and twice that volume of fairly thick foamed milk, served as hot as I can get away with. Just about squeeze one in an espresso cup.

2 Likes

I quite like instant occasionally, with milk and sometimes sugar. But it’s not really coffee, it’s a different drink altogether.

1 Like

Camp Coffee.

imagehttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/8rANE-GvR6I/hqdefault.jpg

1 Like

used to like this as a kid, yummy chicory!!

So much this :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Get one, beans in, water in, coffee out, bostin’download (2)

2 Likes
3 Likes

@AmDismal

6 Likes

FFS

1 Like

Ha, I think that may have already been cockpunched.

Ah yes…

That’s me, right with the zeitgeist. :roll_eyes:

An electric cezve has arrived. On first test it makes brilliant Turkish coffee

1 Like

I am getting another Hasbean subscription for Christmas.

A year of coffee through the door every few weeks.

Bloody good coffee. I’ve gone for the secret stash sub as I have done it before. There are always some knock out bags. I top it up with roasting my own for volume.

Roll on vac pot and the clever drip!

Must play havoc with the floor coverings :thinking:

2 Likes

This looks interesting.

Battery operated drip coffee!
The Issue with all of those machines is the temperature they deliver the water to the coffee. Some are wildly variable and some are very consistent.

Quite, I have no intention of buying one, I just thought it was novel :+1:

You lot want to count yourself lucky. I’m drinking fucking Gold Blend up here.

Gold. Blend.

Just think about that for a moment.

:+1: Happy Christmas Ginge!

5 Likes