Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

You’ll be needing a different thread then…:rolling_eyes:

2 Likes

I bought one of those Aeropress things just for shits and giggles and it actually makes a bloody good espresso (zero crema though)

What is your recipe?

ground coffee plus hot water :wink:

I just use pre ground Illy dark roast, have got a grinder but can’t be bothered most of the time

not nearly nerdy enough!

2 Likes

Me too

1 Like

That reminds me. I must get a decent burr grinder.

I saw this one on Amacunts…

Porlex.

Is £49 a good price ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Coffee-Tea-Espresso/Porlex-Tall-Hand-Coffee-Grinder/B01B77O8LG/ref=pd_lpo_201_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=96ZD74M3F53VT7JA1VA8

We use one of these, in red cos it tastes better

http://www.kitchenaid.co.uk/small-appliances-1/coffee-machines-3/artisan-burr-grinder-5kcg100/859740115000/

Sounds about right,. Have had mine a while and can’t remember. @Jim has one too and may be able to advise. They are very good.

1 Like

I shall order one.

2 Likes

I have the Hario as well, but the Porlex is better. It’s just the right diameter to hold in one hand and turn with the other :+1:

It’s also highly recommended on the various coffee fora…

1 Like

I just had a chat with Narelle. It turns out the The Granary (cheese shop/cafe) that she cooks for once a week, imports small producer coffee from Kenya and Ecuador. He grinds them to order, so I shall try a selection (with staff discount of course).
I shall put the grindr on hold.

You’ll still need the grinder.

Get the discounted beans, but they must be ground immediately before use. The flavour starts to deteriorate soon after grinding.

If you don’t believe me, get Narelle to grind some beans immediately before coming home from work and compare those with grinds from the week before…

That deserves a phnarr phnarr

1 Like

^^^ this!

Edit: Jims post that is…

2 Likes

I’m taking about getting 30-50g at a time several times a week initially to try the various beans. They won’t be hanging around for more than a couple of days :smile:

Once I’ve decided on the beans, then it will be time to buy a Porlex.

Other than the obvious cost advantage is there a taste difference to hand vs machine ground? I ask this just to balance the “lazy bastard” side of the argument out.