Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

Not as far as I know :yum:

Right, itā€™s in the fridge

1 Like

Itā€™s really good with a dash of tonic as they suggest. I reckon a big slice of orange peel would be a good garnish. :+1:busy thinking about which spirit to add!

I donā€™t really like coffee as it gives me a bad head, much prefer tea.

Butā€¦this faff level seems attractive :thinking:

I know this was an old post, no idea why I even looked at this thread.

1 Like

Isnā€™t that the sort of thing that once was used to sluice out the innards of Sloan Rangers and Princesses at Ā£500 a time? The coffee bit, not the tonic and slice in case of confusion? I presume that they didnā€™t just fill 'em up with take away Costa Lates.

I would just like it to go on record just how uncomfortable I am about all this cold brew coffee nonsense.

1 Like

What ratio of coffee - water did you use?

Have a jar sat in the pantry for 2 days now, going to try it tomorrow. Just need to know if itā€™s going to leave me tripping balls from the caffeine.

There is a link in post #771.

The ratio is 60grms coffee, coarsely ground- like for cafetier. To 1 litre water. Wack it in a jug in the fridge for 8hrs. Strain through paper filter. Serve over ice with tonic as optional extra. The tonic is very good. It is REALLY caffeinated.

1 Like

same ratio we use. You can get away with 50g.

We use a Hario coldbrew filter bottle for convenience

1 Like

Cold coffee :grimacing:

2 Likes

You know water, itā€™s nice when itā€™s warm.

Wot, drinking it, or swimming in it? :smile:

A direct Trump quote?

Could be.

Nice. :+1:

@J_B, & @anon14766838 too.

Just bagged meself a Sage Oracle today as a Prime Day offer for a completely as new unit from Amacuntz Warehouse deals for pretty much bang on Ā£800 smackers. They have one left at this price. Couldnā€™t resist, despite being fairly proficient with my Gaggia Classic, this being my second Gaggia.

Here is tā€™ linky

SY355

My Dad has just bought a Sage Barista touch, which he wants me to show him/talk him through how to use, sooo me having this should help with that.

4 Likes

Just to clear up, that there is an additional 20% off the ticket price. I think this applies to all Amacuntz Warehouse deals today.

it does - and thanksā€¦

apparently if you buy Ā£80 worth of amazon gift vouchers you get Ā£10 off so in theory you may be able to buy 10x lots and get Ā£100 off.

Youā€™re most welcome Simon. I believe these Sage machines are somewhat more friendly than others in the cup height they can accommodate without any juggling around with the drip tray. I use a 220ml double walled stainless steel cup for a long black & even though these are relatively short in height, it can be a little irksome with the Gaggia.