Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

if you buy £80 of vouchers you get a £10 promo code off of your next qualifying order.

my biggest problem is persuading Louise it is ok to buy some marked “used” even if it is as new……….and that the existing machine despite being on it’s last legs is still making coffee

Much of the stuff I’ve bought described as such from Amazon, has been entirely brand new, in many cases with the original box seals intact. I bagged a totally brand new Synology DS715 a couple of years back for only £160 for a diskless enclosure.

1 Like

I know! it’s not me that needs convincing…….

1 Like

My Delonghi Magnifica ESAM4200S has just expired after 5 years of heavy abuse.

It’s probably the psu board as its totally dead, so option 1 is just to replace the board, unless there is a bit recommendation for some stellar bargain b2c machine I should buy instead?

any suggestions?

Delonghi Magnifica ESAM4200S Amazon Warehouse £193 ( used, but not really)

good spot, that will do nicely

1 Like

Uprated power supply with valve rectifier, choke input filter & some Russian military PIO reservoir caps. :+1:

Bought one of those a few months back for the current Ms ICHM and it’s good but very loud.

Ooooh :laughing:

1 Like

Iced coffee with tonic. Not quite as natural together as gin and tonic, but a really interesting combo.

1 Like

Wouldn’t quinine and caffeine just cancel eachother out? :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t think that quinine has any effect on the mind to speak of, does it?

According to wiki, quinine is sometimes used to treat “restless leg syndrome” and as caffeine is a stimulant, would it not tend to make your legs more animated? :smile:

I think the amount of quinine in it is so small, that you’d have to have more G&Ts than is healthy for you.

I am told of people who make their own tonic water who can be in danger of over dosing on the stuff.

if you can bear watching Gregg Wallace for any period of time, this was interesting to watch…

1 Like

I saw it and enjoyed it. He wasn’t as bad as I expected.

I spent my University placement year working in a coffee factory, we made Kenco and Birds Mellow.

Are you sure it was a coffee factory? :thinking:

1 Like