Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

I might be getting a bit addicted to coffee :worried:

In the new offices at the roastery, all of the ā€œbreakoutā€ areas have the latest (Pininfarina designed) coffee machines - the same as the latest ones on the motorway - except theyā€™re gratis :grinning:

The consistency of the product from the machines is amazingly good. As you all know I love the stuff, but having it on tap is having an effect. I usually only drink one or two per day but the temptation is huge. Iā€™m getting a bit twitchy - literally.

If you had access to free Costa coffee, would you be able to resist?

My Coffee Hell!

1 Like

So when are you going to pinch a machine?

Good idea!..but I donā€™t think one would fit in the back of my car :grinning:

This must be one of your favourite jobs ever, Jim.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s not too shabby Mark :laughing:

Friend used to run the restaurant at Kenwood house in the 80s,he was drinking 20 - 30 cups a day,had really bad shakes when he left

Youā€™re welcome to borrow the truck.

1 Like

Costa coffee is over roasted muck.

Iā€™d resist.

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ll let them know :rolling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, this. I donā€™t think any of the large high street chains produce anything better than an average cup of coffee.

They buy bulk, getting average beans. Roasting dark means the flavours are lost and we have now a generation of people who like the taste of burnt coffee.
My wife likes strong coffee at home as she mistakes the smokiness for ā€œstrengthā€.
Better beans, roasted lighter are more interesting, and Iā€™d parallel his with brick walling musicā€¦ itā€™s about the hit, not the detail.

Iā€™ve decided I like Ethiopian beans.

which ones, they vary hugely

]

I was ahem hand grinding me beans until I was gifted this beauty. Sage Coffee grinder pro. Right impressive.
Teamed up with the gagia classic
Would be perfect with your Sage machine.

1 Like

Unfortunately no ideaā€¦they were in a pouch in the freezer from God knows when.

I always have my coffee black and strength doesnā€™t scare me. These ones were light brown in colour and when brewed looked like ditch water.

Tasted particularily pleasant.

Need to experiment with more tho.

Try some yirgacheffe

1 Like

Pah ! Thatā€™s too much like buying everything from the same HiFi brand. Or cable looms :relieved:

Itā€™s not the beans itā€™s the roasters they have fitted by cowboys that ruin them.

3 Likes