Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

There are cunts you like, and ones you detest.

Boycott is the latter for me, and I’ve wished him off radio for years.

But the technical analysis of posture still informs.

38/3. We may be just about find out a bit more about Malan here.

Headingley often produces something interesting.

Agreed, but the ball isn’t doing much. Just poor batting.

This should be a 400 pitch, if you’re batting first.

The middle-order will have to produce again to get near 400.

Well yes, 400 looks a long way off atm and that’s not my point. It should be a 400 pitch, but we’re not taking advantage of it.

But there again, the middle order are used to pulling us out of the shit. It can’t happen every time though and certainly wont in Oz.

Root just had a life!

1 Like

Gabriel deserves the applause.

Despite the drop.

54 for three at lunch sounds like a failure at this level.

Gabriel was superb.
Can’t help feeling that dropping Root and Stokes (twice) will come back to haunt the Windies.

Great morning session for WIndies.

This may get very interesting.

From the admittedly short time I was able to watch, England looked to be bowling too short to make the batsmen play enough. They were able to leave too many balls.

Just seeing the highlight clips, goodness surviving that Headingley pitch/atmosphere!

The ball moves so much, one might understand a Boycott simply defending the stumps.

Level score with seven wickets left. Intriguing.

Well played the Windies, Two centurions and a decent lead.
This must give them a bit of confidence.

Test cricket needs a decent West indies team.

4 Likes

First Test I saw was '63, Wes Hall and Griffiths bowling.

Always thought they’d be hard to beat after that.

C’mon Gabriel (for sake of contest; and bowlers you know not how to play.)

Well taken, Moeen second catch chance.

Well the three day finish scenario has been well and truly put to bed. Well done WI, whatever the outcome of this test match, it’s infinitely more enjoyable to watch than the pasting we gave them at Edgbaston.

Well done too to Stoneman (unlucky to be out to a no-ball) and Malan (54 n.o. as I write) for their gritty knocks. That’s exactly what we need as we have plenty of attacking flair in the likes of Root, Stokes, Bairstow and Ali. If they can build on these performances at Lords they will go to Oz and England will be a step closer to looking the finished article.

Stokes currently looking menacing!

England could still win this, which would be an astonishing result after the large first innings deficit.

Either way, it’s a great test.

1 Like

There’s already enough for the bowlers to have a go at, although the weather seems to favour the batsmen, despite it being Headingly. Interesting times, and indeed a great change from the first test.

West Indies make life hard, bowlers have to get 30 wickets.

Aggers still talking about Woakes opening. Can see his point.

1 Like

Really didn’t see a declaration being likely!

Top, top quality second innings. Our middle to lower order are the best in test cricket. Bairstow, Moeen and Woakes must be the best 7,8,9 we’ve ever had.

WI can’t get this many in the 4th innings