DAC suggestions

I’ve got a Bricasti M1; very good and can be upgraded to the latest spec via Bricasti.

How does it compare with other dacs? Chord TT for example?

John has had this for a while. I think you can choose either SS or valve output.

I haven’t heard the TT, but I have used the Hugo and Mojo - the Bricasti is more analogue I’d say, more refined. It has a number of filters which allow you to select slightly different outputs. If you can upgrade it to the SE version at some point that is a worthwhile upgrade. There is also now a streaming option available which can be fitted in the M1 (hence negating the need for a separate renderer/streamer) - I am considering this option. 4K or less is a very good price for this, even without the SE upgrade.

1 Like

That has been for sale for ages and he has dropped the price twice. Was £4K new, but no USB on a modern DAC? hmm.

Which one are you talking about Bob? The Bricasti I assume?

There was an SE on EBAY recently I think. It was advertised at around £6 - £6.5k.

Ten Audio V shaped thing.

From everyone’s favourite seller too.

Yes that’s probably why it’s sitting around. If you can afford the upgrade knock the price down as much as possible and get it off to the US - they turn it around quickly.

PM me if you want the distributor details.

The best bar none.

Just out of interest did a comparison of the Bricasti and Chord Mojo - no contest, the Bricasti owns the Mojo totally.

Be interested to compare the Total Dac to the Bricasti at some point.

1 Like

Saw one of those go on eBay for £5k. Not the basic spec either, a couple of rungs up the ladder. The construction / casework looks a bit rough given the price.

Must admit the build quality was not the best but his design was the reason so many high end manufacturers used his gear at shows etc.

Now £3750 :money_mouth_face:

He’s selling it on PFM for less but eBay has better photos, stonkingly good DAC

1 Like