Diet and Fitness

I’ve not done it yet without a rest - pause, so I’ve refused to accept that as a proper finish. Next time I’ll go more slowly at the start - I’ve been on track for 3.45 but faded badly in the last 2 sets dammit.

Might try it tonight to see where I’m at as I haven’t tried a press-up for years. Will get some blood through the legs after yesterday as well.

I am fucking hungry today.

I thought fuckit I’ll try for 7,6,6 tonight. Managed it, but only just, last rep on 3rd set was a struggle. Prob should have left it another day.

If you try something like this and fail, what should you do- just try the same thing the next day?

If I failed on the last rep I’d go again next day probably on something like press ups. If I failed twice I’d wait another day next time.

Ideal things to see yourself through to next meal -

• small handful of mixed unsalted nuts
  • tablespoon of peanut butter
  • banana
  • tablespoon of avacado oil

Pick one, not all of them!

Utterly fucked tonight, no kettlebell swinging for me. Will try to get a good nights sleep and do a proper job in the morning.

Hamstrings a little tender and wasn’t very quick when tried a squat so will leave that challenge to another time :slight_smile:

Yay. Heart rate 49bpm.

2 Likes

That’s my go-to. Actually, I’ve tended to have a handful of nuts when I get home at night, so tiding me over until I’ve cooked.

Never would have thought of a tablespoon of oil, do you find that works? Avacado just for palatability?

Do you think it’s daft to try to progress on the push ups daily? I could be doing three sets of 10 in a week that way :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I guess losing a kg or so over entire body prob doesn’t affect the weight you’re lifting during a push up that much

[mechanical_engineer_mode] If your body stays rigid during the lift and you’ve lost, say, 1kg at an overall weight of 70kg then the effect would depend on where you lost the weight from. If you lost it uniformly from everywhere, or if you lost it mostly from the centre of your body’s length (tum and bum), then you’d have saved yourself roughly 1/70th of the work. If you lost it all from your neck and shoulders you’d have saved 2/70ths. If you lost it all from your feet (OK, I guess that amounts to one foot going missing) then you’d have saved yourself practically nothing when it comes to the lifting. [/mechanical_engineer_mode]

VB

3 Likes

I reckon you need to listen to your body - I don’t know how fast you recover and your sleep quality and daily protein.

But as long as you’re not pushing too hard each day, working at lower intensity, and not doing reps to failure then training every day is fine (give yourself one day off per week though).

I’m still persisting with daily KB’s, press ups and squats and finding my level that I can cope with. Joints are the weak link at the moment.

I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old.

1 Like

So somewhere between 3-5 hours a night then?!

Yeah…

Protein is actually reasonably high for amount of calories I think- when I added it up I got ~100g a day so almost 1.5g/kg

I don’t feel any discomfort at all from push ups yesterday. Tempted to try for 7,7,6 tonight

1 Like

Managed 7,7,6 but reckon I need a day’s rest before I go again… last rep was tough on last two sets.

I’ll definitely feel like I’ve achieved something when I can do 3 sets of 10 with 60 secs rest between sets.

I’m curious whether I could manage 10 continuous now, I haven’t tried, but that was a milestone that I had in mind before

I’d have thought you must be close. Give it a go once you can do 3 sets of 8 and I reckon you will.

My wife has baked a cake. This pleases me.