Diet and Fitness

This is pretty much a universal problem in life though, no? :stuck_out_tongue: Confidence mistaken for competence

1 Like

Yes.
But particularly unfurthered belief in the medical model (not viewing the connective tissue as an ert system) greatly hinders progress, IMO.

Inadequate paradigm.

ert system?

Despite the running nonsense I do still need to be strong too, so a short sharp session was in order.

• 3 sets of explosive squats with dumbells
  • 3 sets of KB swings
  • 3 sets of DB rows
  • 3 sets of DB bench press

Then a walk with the dog to cool down.

2 Likes

Had a morning session today and worked up to my planned max squat weight, where I got 5 reps. I’ve been increasing the weight the next session when I hit 5 but today felt good, so I added 2.5kg and hit 3 reps. Felt the tendon again in my right arm after this set :cry:

Fucking idiot!

Will try some upper body tomorrow.

21 push ups in a row! improvement!

2 Likes

They are doing the next 90’s old school revival night at Bagley’s, aren’t they?

1 Like

Seriously you need to go rehab and recovery mode otherwise you’re going to go full blown tendonitis, and that will be a real bugger to shake off.

Honestly I would deload entirely and take a week off and then start from the basics including bodyweight and then low weight high reps.

It’s not worth keeping provoking what is clearly injury/ inflammation.

2 Likes

That is some progress from where you started from! Well done :thumbsup:

I’m hoping the upper body work will improve my sprint. Best I managed last year was 33/34 mph, I’d like to break 35 and hit 38 ideally. Not for any reason other than a personal best

I was thinking a dumbell row would probably be a more specific exercise for that.

I am pleased with progress. I’ll be chuffed when I hit 30. My feeling is that concentrating on form feels harder starting out but ultimately helps in the long run (probably not much of an insight :wink:)

Tru dat

Box jumping supposedly good for this and anything that will strengthen your hamstrings, like sled dragging.

I will do something else today.

Try something from this -

1 Like

Thanks. Looks good, will use some of that. So much I’ve read tells you to train the injured area (obviously not in the same way as it was hurt though).

I’m going to get a safety squat bar at some point to make squatting more comfortable.

Early swim this morning - 66 lengths. Time for a stretch.

I did my usual Sunday morning 80. Time for breakfast!

1 Like

Couldn’t do 80, knackered after run last night.

My legs/knees are recovering from our stint on the coast path yesterday. Lovely views but horrible walking. Repeatedly heading up & down 300 ft high lumps. Very little of it actually level. I don’t know how people do the full 600 miles of it.

Feel like shit after drinking last night, can’t even see straight right now. On the plus side I have some sore upper body muscles and no tendon soreness! Win!

2 Likes