Diet and Fitness

Update - My diet is still going well - I have now lost 10.5 Kg in 2 months. I have been walking a bit for exercise - 80 miles last week on Hols. Feeling fitter than I have for years. My resting heat rate is 55 always been low. BP is now 110/70. Which is significantly better than it has been.

5 Likes

That is impressive. It normally takes a trip to A&E for me to loose 10 kg. :mask:

Thatā€™s amazing. Well done. The best bit is hearing how youā€™re feeling fitter.

Well done! Feels great when you notice a difference in yourself.

I bought a Manta Ray a while ago: https://www.gymratz.co.uk/mantaray-squat

Tried it out tonight to get some blood flowing through my legs. A more upright squat compared to normal, for me, but felt good and comfortable. Good product.

Okay RHR back to 47bpm.

You and Nam are setting the bar pretty high here.

A lot of its genetics so donā€™t be put off. With intensive exercise you can drop your rate by about 10.

1 Like

Well it is what it is. I tried to measure mine today but app doesnā€™t work and no space on phone to download so will need to delete stuff but even then itā€™s probably too old.

Ugh, dragged out by wifey for pre- breakfast swim. 66 lengths / 1 mile. Left her still going as she likes to do 2 miles.

1 Like

I was beginning to wonder about mine as it was 76 6 months ago and with exercise the best Iā€™ve managed to get it down to is 70 ( CV three times a week for 1.5 hours) ā€¦I guess i have a high rate, ā€¦

Last two years, when I was fit but probably overdoing it (taking a blunt force approach ti getting fitter) and not resting enough, interestingly my resting heart rate was usually low on waking but tended to be >60 when I checked it during the day. Seems to be lower throughout the day now. Usually ~55. Seems much more consistent now. Presume thatā€™s a good thing but wouldnā€™t pretend to know what it means :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m not quite as fast as I was this time last year but almost, and in many ways I feel fitter- more endurance perhaps? I donā€™t feel the need to eat as much, or feel like Iā€™m flagging towards the end. Plus, recovery is much better and although i might feel a bit fatigued the day after a big ride it doesnā€™t affect mental focus and i feel great the following day.

I slept in for the club ride on Sunday but happened to meet them on the way our of town. Wasnā€™t sure if I was up to the main ride yet bit took a few good turns at the front, a couple of good sprints (including going from 0 to 32.5 mph in <30 secs :thumbsup:) and after the cafe I continued on for the longer, hillier ride Iā€™d planned to do myself and averaged >17mph over the 83 miles. I could feel it a bit in my legs the day after but pretty much recovered now.

2 Likes

Not done push ups since Friday and Iā€™m away on holiday so not finding the motivation to :stuck_out_tongue:

HR is 50 just now. I have been post lunch relaxing with book and headphones for 45 mins or so :thumbsup:

After holiday Iā€™m going to make a concerted effort to drop 3-4kg before mid-June. I may manage to put a kilo on over 4 days at this rate :wink:

1 Like

Thereā€™s going to be nothing left!

Donā€™t they have any slides at this pool?

Nah, no wave machine either.

Dropped in for 76 lengths this evening before being chucked out by the swimming club.

fxt

1 Like

Post can be empty .
If simple battle against software.