Diet and Fitness

45 million manage " 150 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity a week and strength activities on at least two days a week"? I find that hard to believe. Can’t see whether the data for the report is self-reported or not.

Perhaps the bar for counting as active is set too high though?

66 lengths this morning in double time.

Run scheduled for later.

I’ve started going to Judo again, not much but it usually motivates me to go back to the gym and lift heavy things.

3 Likes

I have a pass to go cycling this afternoon but feel a bit ropey- think I’ve got a cold coming on

I loved Judo when I was a kid. Did it until I was 14 or 15. I did MMA about 10 or 15 years ago but it was the Judo I’d learned when younger that was ingrained and I fell back on it when pressed.

1 Like

Just did lower body and although I managed to continue to improve it was harder today. I’ve been taking creatine and have stopped for a month, so this is first week without it and I think that might be the difference, we’ll see.

Weigh in - 12 st 3.5lbs. So about 10lbs lost from 13st 0 lbs. Looking at my waist I think another stone needs to come off.

2 Likes

Perhaps 4 days of meat and beer isn’t optimal for recovery… That was tough going, and I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up doing 80 miles…

Legs feel worse today than after doing close to 90 hillier miles last Sunday.

Always hard to compare though, the wind might have been stronger. Turning inland and into the hills and a headwind was brutal after flying along the coast with a tailwind :stuck_out_tongue:

My heart rate has been >60, even >70 whenever I’ve checked it for the last few days. Actually on my ride yesterday my heart rate was fine, but since I felt like I was fighting something off I was starting to think perhaps I should give tomorrow’s ride a miss. It’s back down to low 50’s just within the past 30 mins or so.

1 Like

First full club ride in a long time today. Managed fine despite Friday’s 80 miles. I think a mix of solo and group riding is probably good for fitness, since even though I’ve done similar routes on my own at a similar speed, keeping up with the group means you inevitably end up pushing yourself at points where you would back off if you were on your own. Plus, there are sprints :stuck_out_tongue: sprints are fun.

1 Like

A friend goes to a local gym, I joined him in the lifting of heavy things and putting them back down again.

3 Likes

http://www.ladbible.com/community/awesome-lads-are-exercising-in-the-shape-of-a-cock-and-balls-for-a-good-reason-20170408

1 Like

Have received most of the parts for a DIY cable pulldown thing, for working triceps and lats. Just a loading pin to order, which I’ll get from Watson Gym Equipment as their shit is very well made. I’ll use the pin for belt squats as well.

1 Like

Spiky ball tonight. I have let myself get rather tight, and not in a good way

My left trap is tight as fuck right now.

Yesterdays run has left me bolloxed today with very sore hips. Not even a gentle swim and an hour in the sauna has eased them off.

Still, I’ll be stronger for the next one.

fixed

1 Like

My legs are less sore today than they were yesterday, which I guess is a good thing? I really felt them after the ride and they were already pretty tender after Friday’s ride so I was expecting to be in agony today…

I’ve found working my legs the day after a really hard session works wonders in reducing soreness. I’ve been squatting three days in a row (also some light good mornings or RDL), heaviest day first. Much less sore.

1 Like