Diet and Fitness

Sorry to hear that mate - RICE and Nurofen to reduce the inflammation. If you go to a gym you could try a Stairmaster before going back out on the streets - less impact. Keep us posted :wink:

1 Like

Good effort that - slight parallel for me out cycling with my 22 year old son today, trying and failing to keep up with him on the hills in Surrey - half a stone less weight would make a difference methinksā€¦

Hehe he was telling me about the point where his dad and him were no longer able to race each other :stuck_out_tongue:

I just taught my son to ride at the weekend so plenty time for me yet I hope

I wouldnā€™t have seen him for dust if heā€™d been putting any effort in I reckon

1 Like

Cheers Ben.

Feeling better this evening. Managed a bit of gentle stretching and some upper body weights.

1 Like

I am resisting the half pizza left over from the kids teaā€¦

Havenā€™t trained since last Friday. Worked up to a top weight of 110kg for 5 reps on squats. Really pleased with this. My initial goal was 100kg and now Iā€™m going to work towards squatting double bodyweight (will have to check what this is first but thatā€™s the goal now).

2 Likes

Marvel at my herculean will. Leftover pizza in the bin and eating a healthy tea (including tofu, of course)

Far tastier. Korean stew with tofu, egg and prawns- lots of veg. Everything weighed even the oil. Lots of protein.

1 Like

I was on the singlespeed too, so my legs were spinning like fuck. Possibly upped the heartrate at the speed compared with a better gear.

Weighing stuff is such a pain. I canā€™t be arsed with that, well done.

Yeah it is, but I want to see if I can drop BF substantially in the next month or so. If I lose a bit of muscle/strength Iā€™ll build back up, but I didnā€™t last year.

I have the lofty, semi-serious goal of having a six pack for the first time in my life, in my thirties :stuck_out_tongue:

Seem to be over whatever slump I was in and back to 3x12 push ups. Going to try and progress. Have kept up the flexibility work so far

3 Likes

I wore my heart rate monitor for the walk into work this morning, out of curiosity. I plugged the average time and heart rate for each of the 5 miles into this calculator http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/Rockport.html

Seems pretty decent according to this?
http://www.machars.net/v02max.htm

Impressive - I tried to blame my gears, which to be fair I had a slight problem with but he would have beaten me anyway. I tried a couple of comedy ā€˜proā€™ breakaways on the hills but he instantly closed the gap and left me for dust. Heā€™s off to New Zealand for 6 months next week so Iā€™m going to train like fuck and surprise him when he gets back :grin:

Interestingly, plugging the numbers from a walk in January where I used the HR monitor shows a modest increase in VO2 max of ~52 to ~55. Same route and effort

Knee now walkable on. Back to how it was before the disastrous jog the other evening- basically sore by the medial ligament so am going to leave anything high impact well alone for a week or more and then see if it can stand a brisk walk to very light jog.

3 Likes

6 chin ups and 3x1 push ups so still making progress

1 Like

Interesting. I actually added everything up on my fitness pal for once. Almost exactly 1.5g/kg protein and ~1900 calories.

Seems extreme, my fitbit just buzzes to get me moving :smile:

Not to tempt fate but knee feels a whole lot better today. Almost all the soreness to the touch on the inside of the knee has gone and mobility is there.

Iā€™ll not be doing anything like a fast walk or jog for at least another week though.

3 Likes

Must be a relief.

Just anxious not to set it off again and lose more time.

Iā€™ve actually missed the running :grimacing: