Diet and Fitness

two weeks ago I was feasting on Lopwells finest Pizza and Pork, ah sweet memories. Now I’m just back on the scales and a couple of notches down on the belly belt. Don’t know what weight I started off at, I’m guessing around 23. Now at 22 St 3lbs. A loss of 12 lbs or so seems about right in the first couple of weeks given the drastic diet change.

The other day I worked out I was consuming 5-8 lbs of carbs and at least 3/4 lb of sugar a week plus god knows how much fat. That’s now reduced to less than 1 lb carbs (wholemeal wraps and small baguettes) and about a few ounces of sugar and a few ounces of fat. Slowly reducing the sugar further by halving what I have in tea and coffee.

What do i miss the most, marmalade sandwiches, without any doubt!

7 Likes

Good on ya Bob.

Artificial sweeteners are always worth a try. You might not like them neat. But you might find that mixed with a little sugar they’re OK.

FWIW I’ll have been off ‘fast’ sugars (sucrose, glucose etc) for 40 years in September. I miss mince pies, although Mrs VB’s home-made mincemeat, using fructose, is lovely at Xmas.

VB

2 Likes

Decided to try to improve my chin up capacity so yesterday’s upper body workout was ‘on the minute’ chin ups. So basically you set your stopwatch and do 2 chin ups on the minute, every minute for ten minutes. Got tough towards the last couple but its a great way of increasing your volume. Next step is then to start decreasing the rest time, or to start doing 3 on the minute and when you fail do 2 for the remainder, haven’t decided which route yet.

Followed this up with some DB bench presses. All done within 20-25 mins inc warm up.

Went for a swim this morning to loosen up.

1 Like

I now have tea and coffee black no sugar. A milky sweet coffee or tea is now urrgh. If you drink a lot those calories do add up to a lot. Perhaps a marmalade sarnie every three days.

I went from sugar on everything to sugar on nothing over 6 weeks 10 years ago.
Lost no weight,and i’m still a tubby cunt.

2 Likes

I keep meaning to do this.

I haven’t really done push ups for just over a week now. I felt really weak when I tried some on Thursday, just didn’t have the energy for it. A feeling of general fatigue from the weekend before. Decided to just rest and not try to push though it. When I felt like that before, eventually the fatigue passed and I started progressing again.

Still didn’t feel recovered from last weekend so skipped the normal long Sunday ride. Just went for a ride with the kids which was nice. Not long bought my daughter a balance bike and I think she’s ready for pedals already

1 Like

My daughter went from balance bike to riding pedal bike in about ten minutes :slightly_smiling_face:

Good choice.

Check me being all sensible and shit

Rather than her getting yet another hand me down we just bought her a decent (Hoy) one of her own :stuck_out_tongue: Typical.

1 Like

After two rest days a 2.2 mile jog . I haven’t been finding it easy to gauge exactly what speed to go. This was run at around 87% of my MHR and it felt OK to me. I have looked at quite a few Utube vids and a tabata session is planned for me tomorrow.

2 Likes

Good run Andy :thumbsup:

Let us know how you get on with Tabata training.

Thanks and will do. I have your list from above
I will see what I can manage.

Listen to your body and work at the intensity you are comfortable with - you can always dial it up as you get used to it.

I can’t hear it over the noise of Mrs VB’s body (snoring). She is in our bedroom. I am in the study - opposite end of the house and on a different floor !

VB

1 Like

Did she secretly come to Lopwell then and make a racket in the early hours of Sunday morning? :grinning:

Much closer than 200 miles away and she wouldn’t have needed to travel.

VB

1 Like

Another night in the car coming up :smiley:

Noise cancelling earphones.