Diet and Fitness

Strange as it might seem Wayne, I already do eat loads of veg & salad - I have to, otherwise my farmers will start playing up.

I normally smother the salad in dressing though, which I’ll need to stop. Since I got back from my (non-existent) holiday, I’ve been having two meals per day - granola with berries in the morning and a portion of meat or fish with loads of salad in the evening. I’ve also restricted myself to one small bottle of beer/cider or a single glass if vino with the evening meal.

I’ve felt quite comfortable with this so far.

1 Like

We are now having pasta regularly since that is what pregnant wife desires. 3 nights a week at the moment

Pistachios in shell are supposed to be a good snack- you apparently eat less because of the hassle of shelling them :stuck_out_tongue:

Unlucky.

Yeah. I really have very little choice or influence in this. Just have to do the best I can around it :wink:

To date I’ve eaten all the Pistachio nuts that are in front of me.

1 Like

I even try and prise open the shut ones.

4 Likes

Sounds good. Green veg would be better, as in more nutrient rich.

1 Like

10 straight by start of December a reasonable goal you think?

That and 30 straight push ups

Yep go for it.

I shared this before but thought it was worth reshaping

Plus…she bakes a lot when pregnant. Come home to a cake in the oven tonight :frowning:

Suppose it’s better I have cake after a day of eating healthy than of eating cake :stuck_out_tongue:

Yesterday was leg day -

• DB Squats - 3 sets of 10 reps

• DB Deadlift - 1 set of 11 reps

• Calf raises - 3 sets of 13 reps

Bit of a stretch and a rest and then a 2.5 mile run in the evening.

Not feeling anywhere near as sore as I was dreading :grimacing: Today is going to be recovery day, a bit of a walk, some yoga when I get home and a bit of foam rolling on legs, hips and upper back.

2 Likes

A day’s rest (with increased protein) and managed 12,12,12 and 10 push ups :+1:

I tried running some of my lunchtime walk today. It was interesting. I only ran a mile of my two mile walk with half a mile brisk walking to warm up and cool down.

No pain or discomfort. It felt good, and included running up and down hill. Unexpectedly, it got a proper burn going in my lungs. I thought my legs would be limiting. Pace was 7m 54s per mile.

3 Likes

Day 182 diet report:
Weight static at 82.5kg for a whole month
2250 cals av intake
3150 cals av energy used
I think I am now replacing lost muscle?

A nice walk today

Did not feel worn out at all when I completed
But was surprised to find that my BP was 90/55 for an hour after the walk ( I am logging it to see if I can stop taking BP medication)
Now it’s 105/60 close to my new norm

3 Likes

I’m gubbed. Going to do what I should have done last week and do the easier club ride tomorrow

Normally diet falls apart a bit at the weekend but managed lots of veg and enough/ regular protein today

1 Like

Bought a new bench so it’s been upper body today despite not feeling too energetic.

Chin ups- 7 sets of 3 reps with 1.5 mins rest in between.

Bench press - 3 sets of 10 reps

Shoulder press (seated) 3 sets of 7 reps (weight upper from last session)

Preacher curls 3 sets of 10 reps

Off for a run in a bit :grimacing:

1 Like

I actually did the easier club ride today! Check me being all sensible :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just back from 5.4m run - all my inside fluid is now on the outside!

2 Likes