Diet and Fitness

22 push ups :sweat:

I would be quite disappointed if someone looked at my form and said it was shit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Day 220 I have now jogged five miles for seven days in a row and Itā€™s getting much much easier - I am running more within myself and there is a marked difference in my average HR during a run. In July it was 158 BPM now itā€™s just 132 and also took 15 mins to get to a plateau of 135. My weight is down to 12 stone 4lb and my blood pressure is still OK off medication.

5 Likes

Itā€™s pretty mind blowing thinking how many people are on drugs when lifestyle change would achieve the same or better results

Well done

4 Likes

My daughterā€™s rugby class was almost 50% girls last week :+1:

I sent my wife that article (sheā€™s talked about this before)ā€¦she said ā€œsheā€™ll have doc martinsā€ I said whoa encourage her to be active but thereā€™s no need to weaponise her

My girls all insist on Docs. We donā€™t mind going shopping for school shoes, straight to the Docs shop, three pairs of Docs (of sundry design) and the jobā€™s a good 'un. A suggestion by the proud parents that we check elsewhere was met with blank looks. And the Docs were cheaper and will probably last longer than the Clarkeā€™s jobbies the youngestā€™s mates all haveā€¦:+1:

1 Like

20 push ups today

Video and that can be arranged.

har har

Jimā€™s new zero carbs regimen has come with a heavy price tag for E London inhabitants.

3 Likes

Do you think your reps are very slightly down because youā€™ve focused on perfect form?

Keep pushing.

More likely just that I did them cold this morning whereas last night after the ride home.

Iā€™m free for a ride after work tonight, but not too sure what to plan on doingā€¦I donā€™t really have any structure to my rides at the momentā€¦ I pushed myself on Sunday, so figure an easier ride for 2-3 hours wonā€™t be junk miles- maybe push myself on a few of the hills.

I guess, like you said earlier, iā€™m just keeping cycling ticking over so probably shouldnā€™t worry about there not being any progression.

Walked 25 Km in under 4 hours this morning
Then ran 8.12 Km in 51m:30s this afternoon.

5 Likes

That is impressive reading.
Well done, next time you visit you can walk round.

1 Like

Really enjoyed my ride in the end :+1: got into a steady groove and did a 3 hour endurance ride, nothing too hard just steady effort. Decent evening and a good route :+1:

2 Likes

Not mine, I was considering an apronectomy to get it all over and done with quickly, but I chickened out :stuck_out_tongue:

23 push ups today after 4k with the lunchtime running group

Reasonable progress? What youā€™d expect?

1 Like

More data points required!

Managed 5 chin ups on first set but only 3 on subsequent 2. Felt silly doing a set of 1 so did another set of 3 to make it 14. 2 mins rest between sets.

1 Like

This mustā€™ve taken some practice!

1 Like

Hmm, I just dropped down below 14 stone for the first time in a long time.

20 years ago this random weight loss (which has been going on for a few months now - Iā€™ve lost about a stone for no apparent reason) would have been a cause for celebration.

Now, as a 50-year-old bloke, it just makes me suspicious.