DIY speaker Bake Off

I have marked this date - I plan to attend. Not sure that I will be able to bring anything yet
Now Registered on the web site - Thanks

I have put my name down on your website.
Thanks.

Booking Comfirmed

Great, looking forward to seeing you all and if you are bringing kit, seeing and listening to what youā€™ve got.

Hey all, looking forward to this, there is still some room if you want to sign up, also I have enabled comments on the calendar page on my site, those of you bringing kit with you, if you could put your kit in a comment at the bottom of the page Iā€™d appreciate that.

Things have changed very slightly, Dave Shevyn from GIK sends his apologies but cannot now make it, hopefully heā€™ll come next year. Phillip Budd, Linnā€™s speaker engineer is confirmed though. Heā€™ll bring over a couple of Exakt boxes, one multiway which heā€™ll create a crossover for my 3 way speakers and one designed primarily for sub linearization which he will press into service to eq and linearize a pair of frugal horns.

Should be interesting.

Stefan

Should make it now, have rsvpā€™d

1 Like

Thatā€™s great Edd, look forward to seeing you.

Getting excited now, I spoke with Phil from Linn over the last couple of days and he is looking forward to coming. Still got space for a couple of others.

Stefan

Room treatment installed, concrete floor carpeted, Linn demo equipment arrived. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Couple of people can no longer come so there are another couple of spaces left, pop over and sign up.

http://www.kjfaudio.com/event/2nd-annual-diy-speaker-event/Room treatment installed, concrete floor carpeted, Linn demo equipment arrived. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Couple of people can no longer come so there are another couple of spaces left, pop over and sign up.

Afternoon - am interested in joining in with this one.

Cool, be good to add a few more people, quite a few have dropped out so pop along to the site above and sign up.

@Orangeart - I can make this now but the page says ā€œtickets not yet availableā€.

Do you have a set of speaker stands? or should I bring some.

Same here - I will check back in the morning. :slight_smile:

Oh, Iā€™ll fix it this morning, not sure why that is. Anyway even if it doesnā€™t work you can still come, send me your email addresses and Iā€™ll send you over my contact number etc.

Stefan

Iā€™ve got some that suit smallish bookshelfs, Kan/Ae1 sort of size that I made a bit higher for these sort of events where folk are on conference type chairs. Will they do?

Stef

Perfect.

Great, in fact they are the exact width of an LS3/5a and twice as deep.

Iā€™m really interested in this but canā€™t make it. My wife helps organise the school Xmas fair, so I really have to attend that!

The Linn stuff looks quite cool, Iā€™m interested in why they have selected the approach they have - pre-programmed speakers and dial in the room rather than measure it. Any chance of a video of their talk being put on YouTube or similar?

1 Like

Iā€™ll certainly get some video although Iā€™ll obviously need to pass what I ā€˜broadcastā€™ with Linn beforehand.

Stefan

1 Like