Velvet Vortex ultrasonic vinyl cleaner

Where does one join the queue?

At the end :wink:

5 Likes

Just send me a PM to join the queue. :grinning:

Not that Iā€™m asking either Tim, but ā€¦

3 at a time is comfortable

I did a few singles then tried a double couldnā€™t tell the difference on the double

Need to start a thread about recipes for the cleaning fluid next, just got a teaspoon of photoblo and distilled water for now

Any thoughts on how often you will need to change the fluid?

Hi Mick
It depends how dirty the vinyl is, but Iā€™ve done over 100 with my bath so far and itā€™s just about ready the think about fresh fluid.

Thatā€™s good, expecting a lot less.

I supply a filter with the Vevet Vortex. So when you empty it you can filter the fluid to get out all the bits of crud and dirt to clean ready for next batch.
:+1:

Bear in mind a significant proportion of whatā€™s removed is dissolved not suspended - mould-release wax, fingerprint oil etc. Iā€™d not re-use too many times. And if anyoneā€™s using volatiles like propanol in the mix - that evaporates away pretty quickly.

The fluid gets to a point where you can see its not clear anymore thatā€™s when I think it is best to replace it. That depends on how dirty the vinyl has been that youā€™ve been cleaning. Mrs Maureen is right alcohol does evaporate off quite quickly that is why I only use a very weak solution on really dirty vinyl because it evaporates if too strong.
As people use them Iā€™m sure a few recipes for the fluids can be shared between Velvet Vortex users.

1 Like

Today received the first bespoke Velvet Vortex stickers, I think it makes them look rather spiffing.
For those lucky people who already have a Velvet Vortex let me know your address and Iā€™ll post one over so you can up spec your Velvet Vortex.

0_FE202_D2_FD9_E_4429_8_EF1_2665_EE7_D0536

17 Likes

Another Saturday morning and another Velvet Vortex this one is all ready to go to Mr @ICHM. I hope he likes it. This one is sporting the nice new velvet vortex stickers.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not sure folk will know what itā€™s calledā€¦:laughing:

3 Likes

It needs some flock on it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Might be good for removing curry stains tooā€¦ :grin:

as well

If itā€™s for Bob, where are the Shakti stones and Mpingo wood pyramids?

3 Likes

and the gold plating

3 Likes

And the onyx inlays?

2 Likes