Doggos

Sorry,but shitty old bone ain’t coming in;

5 Likes

Rufty-tufty Lurcher Fail today - buggers really didn’t want to go outside into the sleety slushy cold and windy Lincs mire and mither, so just a short walk for all of us… Whole lotta snoozin’ goin-on!

They sound like our huskies. The books all say something like “An active, outdoor breed, the Siberian Husky prefers the open air …” - do they hell?! On the rug in front of the fire, or cuddled up in their crate is more their line - jessies!

4 Likes

Funny how dogs can be arse-about-face! Maddie is mostly Greyhound, Max is 100% Saluki - both breeds supposed to need short bursts of activity and most of the day asleep - but if the weather’s OK they will walk all day long and love nothing better.

It’s a sure sign of shitty, shitty weather when they don’t want much of a walk!

Ours seem to love the bad weather, you can’t keep them in.

With Ruby her dislike of rain depends on the circumstances.

When I try to put her out into the back garden for toilet in the morning or bed time, she’ll often stick her nose out of the door, and then go straight to her bed if it’s shitty out and I have to kick her arse out.

But, if she knows she’s going for walkies, she goes hyper every single time, doesn’t give a shit what the weather is and has a fantastic time getting wet and muddy.

Dogs are weird.

3 Likes

Took Rosie out this morning, she enjoyed flicking the white stuff up with her nose but then just wanted to run around like a nutter as usual with the other dogs and play ball…

1 Like

Curtis obviously ate something that didn’t agree with him yesterday, as I awoke to dog sick all over the kitchen.

He wasn’t interested in food or a walk, you know he’s sick when that happens. Off back home at lunchtime to see what has happened. He’s probably slept it off and is starving hungry.

Mrs Millicent in action yesterday, ears back, tail upright; snow is starting to melt but she really went bonkers when it was coming down :smiley:

17 Likes

That is one gorgeous doggo Lawrence :+1:

2 hr walk with Jan this morning, 4 hrs with me (inc pub). Its been a tough day.

6 Likes

Two and a half hours walking is tough. :smile:

2 Likes

Rosie on this mornings walkies…

15 Likes

loving dem ears :ok_hand::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

^^^^ This :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Good catch, sir!

10 Likes

Out with our dogs and a couple we are walking while owners are in Spain!

The power of treats is evident.

12 Likes

A spaniel with her batteries removed. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Beautiful markings on the German pointer.:heart_eyes:

Yes he certainly has. He’s called Stanley, one of my locals pub dogs along with Charlie the black and white collie, and he is best mates with my young collie Basil on the right. They will run and play for hours and play fight in the pub to everyone’s amusement (or annoyance) - delete as appropriate.

Problem is he has no brains whatsoever. He goes where he wants, wont come back when called so we can only walk deep in the woods. On the positive side he is as daft and as soft as a brush.