Doggos

Excellent news!

Stop it, enough, I’m embarrassed enough :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You both deserve every compliment going :+1:

Fair brought a lump to the throat that bit of news, a big well done to you both and of course Charlie.

Rosie early on this afternoon on Swanwick walkies :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Rosie always looks like she’s giddily ecstatic! She’s a lovely doggo mate.

1 Like

Got to love those ears.:ear::ear:

1 Like

She is, she’s just full of happy :grin:

2 Likes

We have a doggo for a week as we are looking after a border collie called Bilbo. Today is our first full day and when out he barks and growls at other dogs quite badly and managed to have a bit of a fight with a boxer he also went for a horse bearing his teeth he got to within an inch. fortunately he was on a lead and we were able to hold him back- All seems ok now but stressful start. He did snap at us after his walk yesterday but is generally very placid and obedient. I am not sure how to add photos of him via an iPad but will try to find out this week.

8 Likes

Take photo. Upload from Library.

1 Like

It was Maddie’s second “gotcha” day yesterday - 2 years since we first got her - we “celebrated” by baking her and Max a whole panful of cheap sausages - Maddie’s absolute favourite. (they don’t get them all at once BTW - too much salt!)

The pic is of her two years ago today, and shows just what lousy condition she was in when she came from the kennels - well underweight, terrible coat, claws cut way too short. Basically she was pining away after being dumped from a loving home into a greyhound rescue centre, where the woman regarded her as an imposition because she’s a lurcher not a purebred grey! Still makes me cross to this day, but so glad we took this lovely old girl on - she’s 10 coming-up 11 now :hearts:

16 Likes

Does anyone else give their dog Sea Jerky? Zak loves it, its dried fish skins compressed into cubes, low in fat and very good for their teeth apparently.

2 Likes

If give Curtis a large carrot every day for his teeth.

2 Likes

Ours get Dentastix every day as well as occasional raw vegetables. Their teeth are always clean and white and they never have smelly breath, not even faintly

1 Like

Our Border Terrier had permanent bad breath. Loads of Dentastix, carrots, chew toys, toothpaste; we never managed to sort it. Bless him, he has been gone 21/2 years, now.

2 Likes

Ruby occasionally goes through a stage of eating the cat shit out of the litter tray. Her breath fucking well honks then, not to mention the zyklon b grade farts.

She used to eat her own shit, but seems to have grown out of that.

1 Like

Nothing young Barnaby likes more than dog shit, fox shit, sheep shit, horse shit in fact any kind of shit and as a dessert a lump of grass and soil. It is said that dogs and their owners develop similar ways, I fucking hope not, I draw the line at eating grass.

5 Likes

Charlie is making fantastic progress. From completely paralysed back end 2 weeks ago he’s doing this today. You can see one leg is still weak and stiff but the last couple of days have shown a massive improvement. Sorry about the crap GIF.

26 Likes

The steps required for an individual to become a saint in the eyes of the Vatican.

1.Step one: Wait five years - or don’t. …
2.Step two: Become a ‘servant of God’ …
****Step three: Show proof of a life of ‘heroic virtue’ … **
4.Step four: Verified miracles. …
5.Step five: Canonisation

Fab work - lucky doggo :+1: