Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

needs a cup

This is Trump’s spiritual advisor

She blames demons:

1 Like

The simple fact is that despite being a moronic megalomaniac Trump was elected as the Republican candidate and then elected as President - it’s not his fault if a large proportion of American’s seem to like him.
When you analyse it rationally it’s unbelievable that it could have ever happened - but it did.:open_mouth:

Alan Partridge for PM I say.:grinning:

3 Likes
1 Like

Interesting point of view. In the end this comes down to two things - the breakdown (no pun intended) of the US electorate and the extent to which Trump’s actions have an impact outside that electorate’s territory.

Sadly, if we believe in democracy then we’re going to have to face the issue of insanity (the speaker’s last assertion was that the religious right are “crazy”) and where we draw the line below which we remove someone’s right to vote. If, as claimed, the fraction of the electorate who will continue to support Trump despite his provable misbehaviour/stupidity, is large enough to keep him in office then I think the US is doomed here. They can’t realistically declare tens of percent of the electorate as crazy even if, in some objective sense, they are. They’ll just have to let them vote and then suffer the consequences of that. In due course, which might be generations, that craziness will be weeded out by the cold hard effects of socio-economic decline. Personally I’m not convinced about the electoral breakdown i.e. that there are enough crazies to keep Trump in office. But we’ll see.

The second point is the degree to which this matters to the rest of us. Will Trump actually start a large-scale nuclear war (I think not) ? Will he encourage CO2 levels to rise to the point where they poison the atmosphere very seriously (I fear he might, but if the US economy declines then that will act as a brake on that) ? Will he force other nations to adopt his policies/behaviour (I think not, because even if he wanted to I don’t think he could) ? Will he destabilise the world’s economy to everyone’s detriment (I don’t know enough about economics to feel my guess about this would be worth anything) ?

I do worry for my US-based relatives though. My brother is still a UK citizen. But he’s lived in the US for long enough, and earned enough while he’s been there, that he now believes he simply couldn’t afford to pay the tax bill he’d be faced with if he decided to return permanently to the UK. So he and his family are stuck there.

VB

1 Like
1 Like

That’ll help then

1 Like

5 Likes

If only they’d have done the praying before the hurricane hit. Doh!

1 Like

4 Likes

:unamused: nowt wrong with da yellow though.

1 Like

M’eh :fu:

1 Like

Racistism!

:exploding_head:

I’m proper IaD me :sunglasses:

1 Like

2 Likes

That separation of church and state is going well then.

Someone recently did a comparison of Obama and Drumpf speaking at the national prayer breakfast they have every year. Obama spoke on hope in Ephesians, Drumpf spoke about Drumpf.

And yet Drumpf is essentially the second coming and Obama is the antichrist…

4 Likes

Not much by way of subtlety, but certainly gets the message across…

5 Likes