Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

What’s tosser - my button is bigger

Seems reasonable. Such small fingers would make pushing a standard size button difficult.

1 Like

Where is a grassy knoll when you need one?

Who has the biggest grassy knoll? Big Kim or Little Trump?

Might get a copy of that to read while waiting for Tump and Kim finger their buttons. Favourite line:

Trump is not spared. Wolff writes that Thomas Barrack Jr, a billionaire who is one of the president’s oldest associates, allegedly told a friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.”

Hardly an earth shattering revelation. Is there anybody on earth who doesn’t already know that?

Those without twitter?

Trump himself?

3 Likes

I know Trump likes to tell the world of his achievements and how he achieved them, but does he have difficulty in pronouncing his ’ W’s ’ ? Given the very public ‘don’t touch me’ scenes with Melania it would partially explain the naming of his daughter Ivanka. Just a thought.

3 Likes

The only context where I prefer ‘latest’ instead of ‘last’ tweet from this president.

2 Likes

All those people that voted for him?

1 Like

Maybe. Donald has now fired off an angry tweet in which he suggests Bannon has lost his mind (So Mr President, just to be clear, your entire campaign and the early months of your presidency were masterminded by someone you are now claiming was borderline insane ?).

Channel 4 News here made the point that while this mudslinging might just look like more of the sort of infantile behaviour we’re getting used to from Donald, in fact it may be rather more serious for him than that. He doesn’t care about people like us. We’ve always despised and disrespected him and we always will. But his core supporters saw a lot of Bannon and got used to the idea that he was very smart and very right-thinking. If Bannon now comes out shooting it’s possible that their faith in Donald might start to be undermined.

VB

I honestly think that significant numbers of them liked the fact that he’s clearly as stupid, bigoted, venal, conceited, childish and delusional as they are…

3 Likes

These words might also describe Brexiteers who think the Conservatives are a great party…

2 Likes

You’ll get no disagreement from me. Albeit trusting politicians of any stripe in this country is equally delusional.

At the background on the telly runs a documentary about Ford Dagenham.
The woman striking for equal pay that lead to the Equal Pay Act of 1970.
Sounds like politics did go along with the pulse of time.
If I look at the handling of Grenfell before and after the fire by the Borough in present time, I wonder what happened to British society.

1 Like

There is no society any more. Thatcherism was the primary carcinoma, Blairite New “Labour” and the Cameron/May era tories are the metastases…

People are now very socially isolated, and of course the rise of the twatphone + [anti]social media has hugely increased a creeping trend. Pubs are vanishing fast. Trades unions are serially discredited and defanged. Most national-scale employers are defunct - the NHS is the last bastion and will fall in the next few years. Large scale manufacturing is largely gone in the rush to offshore. Libraries are disappearing. Shops vanishing. City and town centres are wastelands of faltering pound and charity shops but mainly boarded-up windows. Normal decent working people - people with jobs - are losing their homes and being forced to go to food banks, in effect to beg for charity, just to feed themselves - and this is not a rare few, but 10s of 1000s and rising daily. In what is, despite our best efforts, still one of the wealthiest nations in the world.

I know there are those on this forum who will sneer at these assertions, but their truth depends entirely on the perspective of your personal viewpoint, and the likes of us lot are implicitly very well insulated from these realities.

I despair, to the point that I can no longer regret never having had a family - this is no World to hand-on to the young…

10 Likes

While I appreciate and agree with the broader content of your post, the reasons I’m glad that I never had children are much less noble: more money for selfish hedonistic pleasures, never having to grow up and the opportunity to remain true to my inner cunt without crushing the souls of any pesky offspring. Cats have much lower expectations of you than children.

7 Likes

As mentioned above, looks like all out twitter rage war between Trump and Bannon.