Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

Check out his latest couple of hours action on Twitter just now… Possibly threatening the UN, possibly threatening war against Islam.

Nice one, Donald. We can’t wait for 2017.

“As to the U.N., things will be different after Jan. 20th.”

"The terrorist who killed so many people in Germany said just before crime, “by God’s will we will slaughter you pigs, I swear, we will…”

“slaughter you. This is a purely religious threat, which turned into reality. Such hatred! When will the U.S., and all countries, fight back?”

Send in the professional

I do so hope I get that for Christmas. :joy:

1 Like

Go it Rohan!!

3 Likes

What a lovely turn of phrase, ‘Trumps tsunami of bullshit’ and only another four years in which to enjoy and quake with fear in our shoes.
Biden has it right - mindless.

The US stock market indices are at record levels - clearly the economic / financial experts (who one assumes have their heads screwed on) think Trump is all win?

Presumably companies will make loads of money, until there is a revolution?

No they don’t think Trump is all win. You are mistaking short term cyclical variation against long term trend. If you want to make money investing follow the trend. If you want to make money trading, facilitate the morons trying to trade the stochastic variation by charging a brokerage fee. Chasing peaks and troughs is a fool’s game…

This is the unfocused, inarticulate, inchoate thinking of the person who is about to be our 45th President.

Ok, so the guy is hard of thinking but does the job of US president really require someone to be the intellectual equal of Obama? Bush the second was borderline retarded and Reagan was never the sharpest pencil in the box but by the end of his presidency he could barely string a sentence.

Some degree of competency would be welcome.

1 Like

Whilst the Reagan Presidency was before my time, the Bush was a staggering clusterfuck from start to finish. Also, Bush was a long way off Trump’s levels of narcissism, petulance, vindictiveness and complete denial of reality.

The thing about Reagan was that he had been in politics of one sort or another for decades before he became president. So while he wasn’t very smart he did at least appreciate the basic priciples of the system - where it could be changed and where it had to be maintained to avoid disaster. And he had built up a coterie of smarter people around him (to be fair there were some exceptions to this) who again knew how to work the existing system. He was also tied in rather conventionally to the grass-roots electorate. They pretty much knew what they were getting when they elected him and he pretty much delivered what they were expecting.

Trump is at least as dumb as Reagan but the big difference is that he is also clueless. He simply doesn’t know what he is doing. He is a passenger who unexpectedly finds himself having to take the controls of the plane and who won’t listen to the people on the ground who are trying to tell him what those controls do. I’m worried that he was elected mostly by people who were voting against things (globalisation, immigration, the political establishment, a woman becoming president, universal health care). They don’t know what they actually want and he doesn’t know how to deliver it. I fear he’s simply going to break stuff. The best we can hope for is that he doesn’t break something really important (like the planet’s climate).

EDIT: Also worth mentioning that Reagan was enormously popular with the electorate. The people were behind him. Trump is in charge of a spectacularly polarised country and more of the electors voted for the other candidate than for him. That doesn’t bode well for stability.

VB

4 Likes

:thumbsup:

Bush Snr was smart enough to stop short of marching on Baghdad in Gulf1 as he knew (from his time in the CIA) that getting involved in a Middle East conflict would take years and fuck loads of cash to finish.

Something proceeding presidents and prime ministers chose to ignore.

Although I thought it took Thatcher to be the moderating voice of reason (as bonkers as that seems) to avoid yahooing into Baghdad.

The US military wanted to go gangbusters and were putting pressure on him but he certainly didn’t want to.

I wouldn’t trust Thatchers motives as she got on well with Saddam and was selling Iraq a fuck load of weapons and tech.

Hard to imagine that the toxic warmongering cunt is now considered to be the voice of reason while Reagan is venerated for ‘winning’ the cold war.

Wasn’t aware Thatcher started any wars?