Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

Because cheers are small and infrequent nowadays, they are most welcome!

Other layers within Russian doll yet to be revealed.

3 Likes

ooh, that’s sweet.

:grinning:

5 Likes

Quality. Immediately followed.

:grinning:

4 Likes

Absolutely brilliant.

Well he’s had his first play with his new toys. What next? North Korea?

1 Like

[quote=“pmac, post:1353, topic:234, full:true”]
What next? North Korea?[/quote]

Well he’s pissed off the Russians by attacking Syria so might as well go all in and upset the Chinese too.

What’s the worst that can happen.:smiling_imp:

I’m still troubled that the media are so focussed on what’s going on with regard to civilian casualties in Syria but not in Mosul. Dead children are dead children regardless of whose munitions killed them.

5 Likes

I confess I’m at sea with what’s actually happened in this whole incident.

This guy on Today this morning, just before 8am, mostly talked rubbish about the sarin having been inadvertently released from a jihadi arms dump http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04zb6yv despite the Guardian corrspondent’s definitive eyewitness report from the village itself that no such arms dump has been blown up.

However his question “Why would Assad use chemical weapons ?” still stands. The explanations that I can come up with all have to involve cynical conspiracy at a pretty high level e.g.

“The Russians need to make their man (Trump) look, to his supporters, like a decisive independent operator, not the puppet incompetent he really is. So they persuade/force Assad to drop sarin and then quietly let Trump know that they won’t do any more than protest if he steps in, just as long as what he does is limited, arranged in advance and hurts none of their people. That’s what happens and now Trump looks more effective than Obama.”

I’m struggling to believe this. But can anyone come up with something simpler and more plausible ?

VB

1 Like

Yes, trump is a nutter.

Have to say it seems entirely plausible to me - but then I am a conspiracy nutter.

I’d like to see the proof that these chemical munitions were actually deployed by the Syrian government but here the US has jumped in (doubtless with the Donald accepting at face value the Fox News footage of the aftermath) and acted as Judge, Jury & Executioner with no UN resolution to back it up. Why do any of the Western governments seem so keen to support Al Nusra?

Looking at the footage of the airbase it would seem that the damage was fairly minimal for an outlay of $100M. They could’ve paid @stu much less to put a lawn in and achieved a far more devastating result.

8 Likes

The final brick in Trumps foundation will be another ‘attack on home soil’ - See rise of Putin for details.

1 Like

Hmmm, classic US Presidential tactic suspected - can’t do fuck all useful domestically, looking like a complete prick in the spotlight, so find or manufacture any excuse to enter unnecessarily into some other part of the world and fuck that up spectacularly but thereby distracting attention from general useless at the job at home you’ve been elected to do. Much win.

He needed the sarin attack though, How did he manage that ?

VB

@Stu’s dog is a chemical weapon :smile:

1 Like