eBay stuff (Part 1)

The SS devices in there are not FETs. They are BJTs. There are some ZN424 op-amps too (early Plessey devices I believe).

VB

Never heard any of the WAD kits but looks ok.

1 Like

Good price I think

Given that they’re kits it would be nice to see shots of the insides.

VB

Which is why I am never selling my WD88VA. Soldering can best be described as “effective”…

1 Like

I had an amp come in recently (no names, no pack drill) which its owner described as working ‘intermittently’. It had been heavily modded, but not in a workmanlike manner. While he was pointing to one additional bit of dangly tagstrip it actually fell off in front of us both.

VB

2 Likes

I have wad 300b pse’s and quite like them. They are nice. Price is good.
Would want upskirt shots and valve details.

£1000 - £1300 dependant on solder used

Brilliant.

You couldn’t but the parts for £750 So who cares about the quality of workmanship? just strip them down and rebuild them properly.

I have had a few kit amps here over the past few years, they have all benefited from a complete rewire :wink:

2 Likes

Fair enough if you can rebuild them yourself, but possibly not worth it if you had to pay someone.

I have a WAD el34 amp, good kits, nice parts, documentation is good, recommended.

1 Like

I used to have a KEL84, really nice amp.

I couldn’t afford the 27k postage sadly.

The RCA data sheet for the 6197 says it was designed for “On-Off” control use. Maybe it would be good for a valve Class D amp :slightly_smiling_face: ?

VB

Seems fair value at about the starting price.

8" drivers are for girls.
Little baby girls.
In dresses.
And nappies.

5 Likes

:wink:

6 Likes