eBay stuff (Part 1)

ah you bunch of comedians :grinning:

1 Like

well spotted there , he is being a bit optimistic with his pricing .

And heā€™s reduced the price, it was previously listed at Ā£6,500 when I offered him Ā£3,500 for it but he said he wouldnā€™t take less than Ā£5k

Holding out for an LS100 as the 36.5 is probably too expensive really.

Thereā€™s a used 36.5 available currently via the importer.

Really nice amp, but at Ā£5K it is quite over-priced. I like the LS36.5 but Ā£5K will definitely get you a Ref 5 and possibly might get you a Ref 5SE. I would prefer the Audio Research in many ways and could reasonably expect it to depreciate far less than the Modwright over a 5-year period.

Amazing, not a fan of Audio Research at-all - Iā€™ve still yet to hear a single item Iā€™d want to own and most of the hype lies in marketing not actual content, wheras the Modwright stuff seems excellent VFM for the build and SQ to me.

3 Likes

Fair enough too Paul. I picked a well respected pre-amp at the Ā£5K price level as an example. I might have chosen others, it was an example. The Modwright is a very good amp, but Iā€™m not keen to pay anywhere near Ā£5K for second hand example. YMMV etcā€¦

1 Like

My opinionā€™s only definitive for me of course, and despite my rare forays into scum-dom, I buy hifi for me with a view to attaining a definitive system that plays All The Music, and actually take no pleasure in endless kit swaps.

I have no idea why Iā€™m even here TBHā€¦

2 Likes

It provides an opportunity to-

• Read about cunts being cunts
  • Read about what other cunts are up to
  • Read what some cunts are listening to
  • Correct the grammar and English of cunts that canā€™t spell or type
  • Write cuntish things and make a cunt of yourself
10 Likes

Heck of a USP :+1:t3: :heart_eyes::heart:

1 Like

This isnā€™t the forum tag line thread you know.

2 Likes

ā€¢Write cuntish things and make a cunt of yourself

3 Likes

One for Tuffbob perhaps: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micromega-TRIO-CD-High-End-3-Box-CD-Player-VERY-RARE-/132387849467

thoā€™ possibly not at the priceā€¦

4 Likes

Clearly that lad is pricing things using enthusiastic levels of psychedelics, hallucinogens and Peruvian Jazz Salts. Must be a fun, if somewhat expensive, business modelā€¦:exploding_head:

1 Like

There is another one on eBay that has been between 1250 and 1500, and hasnā€™t sold.

Ā£1K is a fair price.

I have been mulling over an offer for the cheaper one.

yes , personally i think modwright stuff is beautifully built and every bit as good build wise . the 2 box version he is advertising is overpriced and i have contacted him about saying its new . it does in my humble opinion get pretty near the ref 5 in performance although i have not recently compared them side to side . its a great shame prices have rocketed so much since brexit

1 Like

The Modwright importer is a greedy bastardā€¦ US price is $9995 which is Ā£7600. Add transport costs
of approx $200 and then 24.5% VAT and import duties when it lands. The UK price is Ā£8500. Oh hang on, thatā€™s Ā£9650, over Ā£1k more than heā€™s advertising them for.

Slightly saner :+1:t3: ā€œLegendary French reliabilityā€ and increasingly sketchy laser-availability would put me off. Shame, handsome kit, thoā€™ Iā€™ve not heard the high-end kit at-all.

1 Like

These are really great, I had one and sold it to Robin.

10% off for butchers

4 Likes