eBay stuff (Part 1)

I have the obsidian plinth and don’t find it shite at all. I have it supported on some foo isolation thingys and it sounds fine to me.

The Purcell is indeed digital to digital - it’s an upsampler. It has no DAC.

1 Like

Either way, I am happy

1 Like

What did you pay for it?

£550 + fees or thereabouts wasn’t it?

I haven’t as they fucked up my account, so I won zippo. Just had it confirmed, so double check next time!

Indeed.

Result!

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll send you the Shakti stuff as consolation?

3 Likes

That would make 4 and that would be bad. 5 OK, 4, no.

Saved from DCS-dom.

Well that’s less than I sold mine for, and more than I paid!

It’s an interesting device, although largely superseded by modern DACs. Still seems in demand from dCS fans though, especially if you can pair it with an Elgar.

Edit: ooh it all fucked up, meh!

Prices have gone up since 1876

Just my luck,i won nothing

I was tempted by the £75 Tandberg R2R but nothing else.

Need to fix my own Tandberg really.

I can sell you my 64 in a box.

Going by your post earlier your bid was too late, I made some bids earlier this morning and got an email saying any bids placed after 9am of the auction day won’t be submitted.

(and yes I know my bids were optimistic)

The 301 with auction fees etc was upper end for an un-serviced 60 year old unit it will need money spent on it. It was a Hammertone (1st type, desirable) and apparently came with a spare platter.

Fully serviced £.3K at a push (To get it into shape (£500+)
Platter = £600 at a push

2 Likes

I know that sometimes people just want shot of stuff, but paying someone to ebay that stuff would have made a whole load more money, surely?

I’ve had some decent bits from auctions,but this was before online auctions which has changed everything price wise.

Bet a lot of these places are stunned at the prices they are getting.

Just got an invoice from the auction, so I did win the two items, strange company as when I asked their customer services, they said I didn’t.

Ah well a DAC and an upsampler to try.