eBay stuff (Part 1)

To be fair, the Howes paint job can be customer choice I believe. The pair that I have (bought second-hand, so I didn’t get to choose) are much nicer to look at. You can see one on the bench here http://www.ampregen.com/ampregenrestore.html. It’s not broken, it’s just one of the tidier Quad IIs I’ve got.

VB

Doesn’t @crimsondonkey’s daughter need some amps?

Nice colour.

Just looking at your hands…is your nickname ‘Horse’ by any chance? :grin:

2 Likes

Given my customers’ demographic I don’t think that subliminal messaging in that direction would bring me much extra business. At least not the sort of business that I could put through the books …

VB

1 Like

The odd one (or two) of your customers might surprise you.

You might be getting the wrong subliminal message - them’s strangler’s hands, if ever I saw 'em… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Well it’s often the one you least expect.

… but, as the owner of that mahoosive new HT power supply, would he resort to such crude methods?

:thinking:

Forum Tag Line

“We stoop lower”

2 Likes
1 Like

I saw that and noticed it was based in Wigan, and let’s say it’s not the kind of bit of Wigan where you’d expect someone dealing in high-ish end vintage kit to be based.

Still, it is a lovely, lovely thing and he has excellent feedback.

He seems to be well liked

I did think it might be Haden Boardman but he trades as Audio Classics

Indeed. My inner snob coming out I’m afraid.

1 Like

They’re literally a couple of minutes away from each other!

I never knew about either of them either. Must try harder, these type of guys are useful to know about.

They went to town on the photography, looks very nice.

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Are you saying you love me enough to buy it for me?

Of course and it is Christmas after all :grinning:

1 Like

If you could get some of those nice new tapes from America, so I have something to play, that would be fantastic!

1 Like