eBay stuff (Part 1)

Like rocking horse shit though, I’ve been looking for about 6 months now and the closest was one on t’other place that got pulled from sale.

Perhaps. I have a history with Dynavectors and Lyras. A new phono stage is a strong likelihood as the Allnic is getting on my chebs. An MM stage and a SUT is a strong option.

Me too - several…until I heard an Io :wink:

Yep, although I know little of Audio Note kit as any of the ANUK stuff I’ve heard I’ve disliked. I’m guessing we are talking big money and a dedicated SUT thingo…

Whatever it turns out to be, it’ll be new as I’m not going to feck around with second hand MCs, even if they can be retipped. The Lyra I had previous to my first DVXXII was a fucking money pit, not to mention a major source of aggro.

What Lyra did you have Olan?

Helikon. I’m running it again now as a stop gap.

Pure idle curiosity - 'sup with it?

Back to the dealer twice as it is an Allnic :roll_eyes:. It is fine now but I am likely to look for something else later this year. I’ll think about it when the cartridge is upgraded.

I thought they were past all that by now, shame, lovely sounding kit.

So did I :rage:. It is a HS1201 so it is the bottom of the range. Sounds nice enough for the ££ but I would prefer the H1500 or similar.

Our H1500 has never put a foot wrong in the few years we’ve had it

I’ll give you 53p and curly-wurly for it, but I’ll expect you to deliver and to share the curly-wurly.

1 Like

They’re not as big as they used to be.

I know :roll_eyes:. That is why I didn’t offer 46p and a curly-wurly.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When I were a lad they could be used as ladders for cats, nowadays they’re barely adequate as mouse ladders. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

My Mum, who was a dentist, hated them which is probably why I think so fondly of a curly-wurly even though I don’t really eat sweets.

I’m amazed they still make them. They seem intrinsically something from the 1970s, like Raleigh Choppers and tank tops.

1 Like

Eh ? I thought they were still the height of fashion :flushed:

I know, I recall how you were dressed in Oxford in February :cowboy_hat_face:. That photo of your 1980’s mullet still gives me nightmares. Gawd knows what you were like in the 1970’s :clown_face:.

I was alive and well as a teen in the 70s. Except in true 70s style I can’t remember anything about it :+1:

2 Likes

Curly-wurly is not a currency I recognise. I’ll accept ethereum or at a pinch Crypto Kitties

1 Like