eBay stuff (Part 1)

You’d think they could’ve made the covers fit instead of old sheets off Rentaghost

1 Like

What’s with the plethora of screws? Would put me right off at £500 never mind £5k.

They are Cheshire style Swarovski crystals. ICHM loves 'em :+1:

1 Like

In which BBC engineering meets Pinhead.

yes i had one for some time . very nice , made a pop when i turned off

1 Like

the weiss was very good indeed but its well overpriced and your suggestion re the audiobyte is much better . and i think you get a remote . the dac 2 was ok but it was a bit quirky if i remember but it was years ago when i had one

1 Like

not ebay but many have heard brumjams beautiful impulse h2 upgraded by paul coupe and they are now up for sale

They were in a dreadful state when he got them and he must have spent at least £1k having them fixed/upgraded. Those external crossovers were not cheap.

I suspect from my bill (for a smallish amount of veneer repair, new mids and tweeters and a kit of parts for me to assemble into crossovers) that he will have paid a lot more than that. My guess would be closer to £2k than £1k for the restoration, so he is prolly trying to be realistic about what the market will bear for a pair of H2s. They are a bargain for someone at that price.

Helps me work out how much my Taus might go for, since they’re betterer and I put more foo and wood into the crossover boxes :smile:

2 Likes

FFS Bob, have a word with yourself.

11 Likes

Exactly this, my h6s were close to £800 for new tweeters, external crossovers etc by Paul… money well spent as far as I’m concerned.

I expect brumjams will have been quite a bit more…

Still a very good price if you ask me

1 Like

So you’re going to eventually sell all of your kit for what you paid for it? Is that how ‘investment’ works? :laughing:

5 Likes

Wait…you mean to say he might not sell it for what he bought it for? I can hear the shattering glass of illusion all around me.

1 Like

Well capitalism seems to be working ‘ok’ at the minute, other than that it’s foraging for nuts and berries :+1:

Irony would be me agreeing with you, you massive nugget.

Might be of interest to @BobC

Jeebus. Out of my league!

1 Like

Don’t even go there :exploding_head: