eBay stuff (Part 1)

Been buying a load of classical 7.5 ips tapes from a US seller tonight but at much, much more sensible prices than those. (9 tapes for £85)

But I’d love to hear that Bowie one. I bet it’s stunning.

3 Likes

Just think of it as a good long term investment.

It’s a lot of money for a tape. But is it a lot of money for the pleasure it might bring ? Would it give more pleasure than, say, an Ultimate Lego Millennium Falcon ?

VB

The Lego would win if the first time you try to play to the tape it plays the opening bars and then disintegrates in front of your crying eyes :grimacing:

This is what eBay/Paypal is for. It allows buyers to get their money back on a whim. They can choose to return the goods to the seller if they can be bothered.

VB

On the plus side, fine sound quality and a lack of clicks, pops, surface noise & warping. While I haven’t yet had any disintegrate, some are indeed fragile.

Might be more affordable.

I was just looking at that on hifi guys website a few minutes ago . yummy

its on at 7k on the website so be interesting to see what it goes for

Good luck hearing anything if you want info from him. I was after some speakers he had on his site a few months back. He never bothered replying.

Linky please?

beautiful amp , 40kg is a lot to lug back to repairers though , serious vfm though potentially

http://www.hifiguy.co.uk/product/esoteric-a-100/

I have bought several items from this chap who works closely with paul benge

1 Like

£3105.95. That must have hurt!

Reality bites.

wow …sick

Better start saving meatmen.

1 Like

Would love to hear those !

As they’re in Peterborough I’d need to sort out a AA Taxi if I bought those.

Beautiful looking things.

I once had a pair similar to this but made of resin - A mate now has them they are very good - I reckon under £250 would be a very good price for these.

5 or 6 yrs ago I built those transmission line cabs using chipboard as an experiment, using the same Jx92 drivers. They were good but lacked bass weight that is possible from those jordan speakers.
Thats not to say they’re not a decent buy.