eBay stuff (Part 1)

Thanks Bob. Do you recommend the IV in preference to the V?

Sorry I donā€™t have any other opinion other than Iā€™d want the PUA-9 because matching Sony reasons :slightly_smiling_face:

Problem is, weā€™re in the realm of taste and preference rather than absolutes. As Bob points out a IV or V could sound better than the 310, but it really depends on your cart and your ears. Iā€™ve had both on different decks and they were a solid choice but ultimately left me a bit cold - to my ears you need a dynamic and colourful cart matched with them to sound any good, but ymmv etc.

No insight on the arm to offer other than Iā€™d be concerned about its state of service and integrity of internal connections given its age.

What I can say for sure is that TT lids make wonderful microphones and youā€™re better-off removing it when playing music if humanly possible (E&OE re. unruly children and pets rattling about the place).

If the deck and arm are contemporary, it would be odd if they are not fully compatible.

1 Like

I have both and there is sod all difference between a IV and a V. I prefer the cost and look of the IV.

Yes the force is strong in that regard.

Reviews I read prior to purchase of the Sony and SME agree with you suggesting they can both be a bit matter of fact which is why I went for the Kiseki.

Two cats that are prone to fisticuffs mean that I wonā€™t be without a lid.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks. Youā€™ve probably saved me a good few quid.

Thatā€™s the second time someoneā€™s been wrong about arms on here this week, I hope itā€™s not contagious. :grin:

4 Likes

Bobā€™s always wrong about HiFi. Weā€™re used to it.

5 Likes

Fuck off, he knows the price of everything!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/773820888722669568/59BWdHHm_400x400.jpg

2 Likes

Oscar Wilde must have known Bob in a previous life.

1 Like

these might be worth a punt

https://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/moreinfo.php?prod_title=Impulse_Lali_(new_version_of_H4)&p=speaker&prod_id=57067&offset=

These popular here?

These might be the ones Kevin already has in the showroom at Long Eaton. Lovely things.

Lovely, no price, one for the cockpunching threadā€¦

2 Likes

Thereā€™s some bloke who makes front loaded horn subs similar to Labs for Ā£275, be a good combo

I thought you might be sniffing round those Mark?

Only one very expensive bathroom conversion is stopping me :confused:

Just bathe in the glorious sounds!

1 Like

Midland Audio exchange I believe. If I could P/X my SME 20/2a for it without having to find additional cash I could be interested I have to admit.

2 Likes