eBay stuff (Part 1)

Probably about 6W as they are fairly efficient (I think the Diamonds must be about 92dB on the usual scale, the Alnicos are 90dB) but that is not the point. I might try a huge muscle amp because reasons.

The original plan was to get a Moon pwr and an AR Ref 5SE (or Ref 6 SE if I can find one) and create a version of the Scalford 2016 system comprised of the bits that Rudi and I brought. The Rank Monos I got from @horace are quite nice but it looks like it is time for a change…

U noes u wants it

Will also save a fortune in central heating.

1 Like

In which case I wouldn’t necessarily be looking at muscle amps. There’s lots of really nice amps at 50w and below.

Do you have a preference tubes or SS?

Unfortunately that is the amplifier of choice for the muffin-munching, Astra-driving plutocrats amongst us. Alas, I can only dream of having that much wodge…

3 Likes

I have really nice amps already :roll_eyes:. Stop being sensible about this. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

:slightly_smiling_face:

A nice SJS 300b amp would work a dream with those ARTs :wink:

2 Likes

Buy the best Karan amp you can afford.

1 Like

Obvious troll is obvious…

:innocent:

1 Like

I’m 100% serious. I’d never troll about hi-fi as that is more important than life and death.:grimacing:

2 Likes

@coco SIT?

3 Likes

Borrow some amps, see which ones float your boat.

If it’s heating capability you’re looking for look no farther than NVA :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Short of actually igniting, my Alephs run pretty damned hot!

1 Like

You can run them a lot hotter. Pass is know to run his at 70 odd degrees.

He has a handy temperature guide though

Do you feel lucky punk?

Been up before, know nothing about them, probably no spares…

Anyone wants these, but can’t get to Widnes, I am willing to pick them up and hold on to them for you, until you can arrange a courier or taxi.

1 Like

JVC = Victor Company of Japan.

1 Like