eBay stuff (Part 1)

Still kicking myself for missing the one on the PFM, and not even heard one.

What made you go for Dynaudio, do you particularly like their sound?

I’m not sure it’s all about max power output either - the Stereophile write up describes 25w for small rooms and 65w for big rooms. Kinda depends on your amp but can’t see you ever really needing 200w.

1 Like

I took my Quad amps along for a demo of the Dynaudio, and turned out to be a bit of a revelation. On tracks that I am familiar with, stuff like Bon Iver, the vocals and separation did that thing when it catches you off guard. Surprisingly the bass was there too. Put on ‘Sign o the times’ album and it came to life, so used to this sounding flat, so the ultimate test for me, not an audiophile recording.
Having heard the contour 1.3mkII in my room this was not expected, I was ready to dismiss them. So until a decent pair of AN J or H6 come along thought this would be an affordable trip.

You may be right about power, others site Densen, Karan and Naim(!) as suited, so about synergy (can’t believe I have used that word) too.

How about this Parasound power amp? The seller, Jon Hudson, is a great chap and he has had Dynaudios in the past.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204819

1 Like

Have been in touch with him to see if it’s a decent match, could be the way to go. Going for a run to think about it😳

Jon had the exact same Dynaudios as you so he knows what he is talking about.

He has bought several items off me so is clearly a man of good taste.

1 Like

ftfy

3 Likes

I may have a punt on these then - cheers for the heads up

2 Likes

Stop, just stop. Stop reading mags, peoples opinions, wanky web reviews and other crap. Go listen, get some amps in a try them with your speakers for you in your room.

IMHO the MF KW stuff is utter soulless crap, but some people like it.

Basically, you have £2K burning a hole in your pocket and that’s about the sum of it. Borrow, have a bake-off, whatever. You will be on the road to unhappiness with just blindly shooting for amps.

10 Likes

@Spenagio If you are down south you are welcome to bring your speakers round, I currently have a Modwright KWI200 and a Sugden A21se that we can setup.

1 Like

As @ICHM says, just slow the fuck down!

If you really want a pair of J2’s or H6’s why don’t don’t you just wait for them. I certainly wouldn’t be in a rush to buy an amp to partner a completely different set of speakers which aren’t my long term choice.

2 Likes

This. Effectively, if you get the speakers right in terms of your room then everything else is relatively straightforward. Get the speakers sorted, then worry about the other bits and bobs.

1 Like

There is a Gamut power amp on hififorsale. Had one many years ago. Very impressed.

http://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/mobile/moreinfo-live.php?pid=49132&prodt=Gamut

1 Like

If you bought the speakers based on the Quads being a revelation with them, why change?

2 Likes

This made me chuckle, just been for a run now can’t move😂

Some great advice here, I know it makes sense, just took a few miles and country air for it to sink in.

Speakers seem to work very well in my room, so will enjoy them and keep amp spend sensible.

Seems like the AA is a good place to be, thank you

4 Likes

Fixt

7 Likes

that’s better :+1:

5 Likes

Hmm, £50 becomes…

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202037923041?ul_noapp=true

250W per channel and you should get your money back, as good as anything else for the money.

1 Like

You seem to be looking for speakers, streamer, dac and amp.

Just buy some Kef LS50 wireless - job done and a ton of money in the bank.:mask:

1 Like