eBay stuff (Part 1)

Never heard them but don’t look all that great to me, plus he’s been trying to sell them for ages.

Lordmortlock bought some and said they were fantastic though.

1 Like

Looking for a sensitive speaker, interesting but over budget probably.

If you can wait a month or two a pair of H6’s might come up for sale somewhere.

1 Like

they do look lovely and jake had quite a few interested if i remember , it seems very hard to sell stuff these days . there is a puresound L10 in the ads at 1100 quid which is a good price and its not selling . brilliant pre amp

I’m tempted to try that with the modwright amp but will probably hold out for an LS100.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spendor-Speakers/172913733770?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Bargain if they stay near that price. Too far away for me.

1 Like

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-W-Nautilus-801-Speakers-In-Natural-Cherrywood-Bowers-Wilkins-Nice-Condition/263254686228?_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D46150%26meid%3Df498187eaee64554bbcbbe6723e2b569%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D302480953940&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

Look in good condition, check the batteries have not leaked over the x/overs.

Another Kenneth Grange design I believe. Those would look beyotchin in my living room.

Shame they’re in Dunfy.

And I suspect that the wife would set fire to me, them, or potentially all three of us if I brought them home.

I would love to compare them to my Zingalis. They look quite similar except the Zingalis use 2 bass/mid drivers.

Anyone used these? wondering if they would fit with valves…starting again:roll_eyes:

If funds allow I’d go for the Rigoletto above.

@Spenagio Planet hifi so overpriced and in need of a refoam but nice speakers with valve amps.

1 Like

Time warp condition, but no pics :thinking:

1 Like

And drivers that need refoaming = not time warp condition.

2 Likes

If you have the time, you can fix the warps

2 Likes

Isn’t that slang for Horror Show :thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

Great speakers - at ridiculous mark up :laughing:

1 Like

It’s planet hifi, his business plan seems to be think of a price then double it and take the piss some more.

Spoke to him a few years ago about some meridian 559 amps he was selling and he was an utter cock.

At £800-1000 I’d be tempted but he is having a laugh.

Very much my endgame if I manage to get a dedicated room anytime soon…

Hifi plans have took a left turn over the weekend, my last failed attempt of Plinius/Dyn’s are on the way out. House deposit put down with a move date of 12 months time (it’s a new build), so going to take the opportunity to try some smallish speakers with modest valves/class A to entertain for a while.

No point over committing funds when I’m pretty sure I’ll be religated to a spare bedroom in 12 months, or garage;)

Smallish speakers for valves has to be Mk1 Snell K’s

1 Like