eBay stuff (Part 1)

Starting price is probably top end of what it’s worth but is a stonkingly good power amp

@ICHM has sorted me out.

Yes it’s true he does actually sell stuff :smile:

1 Like

Dealerscum :smiley:

7 Likes

The first time I looked inside a case was enough to put me off the brand for ever.

2 Likes

Yeah, cheap nasty parts and PCB’s

4 Likes

Had a Ref 110 a good few years back and would agree about cheap parts - mains transformer started buzzing and Absolute Sounds wanted £500 plus fitting for what was described to me as a cheap welded design which was at most £80.

Three quarters of the people I know who’ve had AR gear have had chronic reliability problems. At the prices charged they should be bomb proof.

1 Like

I have had two pre amps (SP16 and SP14) and a power amp 70 and they all needed work. TBH I won’t touch the brand again. I am tempted by a Ref 5 pre, but looking inside there is a lot of complication and that puts me off. The likes of Croft may be hair shirt, but they are easy and cheap to fix. The mute switch on my Supermicro cost me £20 to fix (new switch and a bit of labour). Every time I go to see somebody about Absolute Sounds products it’s £’000s not £’0s.

The absolute piss must be the recent quote for Sonus Faber Electa bass drivers at £1,295 each, when they are Dynaudio units that are $300 new.

1 Like

I used to have a VT130se for a few years. Never had an issue with it. I was happy with it.

I visited Absolute Sounds once whengetting my Koetsu rebuilt. Really crappy looking little office. Service was reasonably good though. So happy overall.

I am feeling quite happy.

i did like my ref 5 but not the 2 months it took them to fix it when it went wrong . not good communicaton either . it did sound magical though . the ONLY bit of hifi my wife did not want me to get rid of…and thats saying something

What’s that then?:thinking:

Would this integrated Krell be a good match for Dynaudio 1.3?

ah , she would be happy if the living room was cleared all all hi fi , extremely rare to want to keep anyting

i would say yes , it would be worth a punt

Anything KAV is not worth bothering with IMHO.

^^^ this :+1:

Great amp, the VT130SE. A keeper. I’d love to hear something with non-shitty parts sometime though… just out of interest.

Not eBay, but MAX has got a half price Sindre in (£8k).

(Stock photo)

3 Likes