eBay stuff (Part 1)

Have a loaned Job 225 and B1 Buffer at the moment, which at the levels I listen at sounds pretty good, bass is present. Default would be Croft 25r/7r perhaps.

Really disappointed with the response given the quality of this forum. I was expecting at least one ‘who’s that cunt in the corner’.

I must be still too new👍

It’s ok we all knew that cunt was you :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I think the battleship grey walls are a brave choice. Are you sure you’re married?

3 Likes

Not for long if a keep swapping hifi kit

Spenagio you have reached your hifi quota

Our records show a lack of inane bull shit / weirdness / self deprivation / food posts.

Please write 100 words based on your recent experiences of dealer demo’s focused solely on: Quality of coffee & muffins offered with a summary to include 'Dealers shoes, car driven, door hinges and pet owned. Bonus points will be awarded for pictorial illustrations.

13 Likes

Having liked the Spendors with old Croft valve stuff (much nicer than the new Croft stuff), just look for the same amps surely?

1 Like

Revox make absolutely great tuners.

“Tuffbob in Talks Sense Shocker”

And Guy eating bloody muffins…!!!

Today is broken, I’m going back to bed…

2 Likes

yep, got my eyes peeled for a 4 power amp. The owner was a bit dismissive of the newer Croft, bit a purist type. The Icon LA4 seems a bit of a bargain.

OK, 500 lines on vintage planes, the merits of Lemon curd, your political stance and why you believe wonder bras are a form of false advertising.

5 Likes

i could be interested in building them

I have a VFET kit I want to build, so could possibly build F6 in parallel

wil PM thank you, trying to work out if I would need two F6 as mono’s to drive my s8e comfortably.

F6 should be good for 25 watts per channel. If that is enough, then dual psu for dual-mono in one box is an option.

F5 if you want more beans, of F5 turbo if you really need a lot more beans :open_mouth:

1 Like

Clearly old shite, but then plenty on here like this sort of stuff.

IMO - no. F5/6’s do subtle and texture very well with speakers that are sensitive and an easy load.

But S8e’s are not necessarily an easy load. I’ve heard them at their best with grunty amps, especially if you listen at low volumes.

Reading this, 24wpc from an F5 or F6 probably wouldn’t cut it. They don’t double into 4 ohms, so supplying that dip to 2.7 ohms at any decent volume, especially with the 86db sensitivity will probably take a bit more oompf.

100w F5 turbo monoblocks , Aleph 2 or Aleph 60 monoblocks would be my suggestion.

1 Like

As an aside, I have an F5 you are more than welcome to try.

I may be interested in a borrow of that at some point.

1 Like