eBay stuff (Part 1)

Its a spare, just fancied building one so anyone is welcome to give a go.

Okydoky. Will be in touch. My 300b amps have been called ugly. So summat else may be required in the future.

Good idea, show her how much worse it can be with something Iā€™ve built and the 300bs going back in will be a relief.

2 Likes

They are not even symmetrical.

No mention of the fugly external crossovers on the LVā€™s though. Or the SP-10 that is as ugly as an arse. Just comments on my beautiful amps.

Forgot about your foot. Will post this week.

Thanks chaps, will help me avoid more dead endsā€¦

Ed, would like to give the F5 a go, but fear you will be right. Was it Aleph 60ā€™s you built for Mmichbam? As you know I was mightily impressed at Scalford, canā€™t imagine the Kudos C20 are that much of an easier load, but I may be wrongā€¦

I would like to keep the budget for amps sensible, Ā£2k including pre at max, to allow funds for a DDDAC or BP DAC

mmmmmmm, beans.

2 Likes

turbo beans.

Yes, the Super 20s are a fairly benign load I think, but not sure. They will do 60w into 8 ohms and around 90w into 4 ohms.
Ian now has Micks Aleph 60s.

That could be tight, a 60w monoblock build is 800-900 in parts for the Alephs, the F5 turbo probably more like Ā£1200-1300 in parts. And that is without any foo/premium connectors etc.

It may be more now with the fall in the pound I have not checked prices on things like the cases since I built Micks.

1 Like

thanks ed, might ask Ian if I can give them a try

Tell her that her tits arenā€™t either.

Sheā€™ll be so busy kicking the fuck out of you sheā€™ll forget about the amps :sunny:

6 Likes

Any Gabriel / 45 rpm foo fans out there?

1 Like

Already got them, otherwise I would be interested.

Yawwnn !

Yep, me too, but you never know, someone might like 'em :wink:

Me too

According to absolute sound this is the brute to go forā€¦not sure about the aesthetics.

Musical fidelity kw500 amp

spew

4 Likes

Says former fan :laughing:

Here is an insightful pictorial review the Musical Fidelity amp range:

1 Like