eBay stuff (Part 1)

What price a new A1 or A370?

Having owned most of the old amps (I still have a A170), I didn’t get on with the A1 (had 3 of them), but the A370 Mk1 was nice after 45 minutes of warm up.

I would be very, very carful about buying early MF, as a lot of them are fucked now and need major work as they run so hot. I had to send a Studio T back to it’s seller as the caps had leaked all over the boards and wrecked them. I had to re-cap my A170.

I used to have a MF B200, I quite liked it, still ran hot, bit soft in the bass and had a noisy phonostage.

As my Nan used to say: “Pay cheap, pay twice you smart arse little pillock”

10 Likes

I can see where you get it from now…:wink:

2 Likes

I like to live down to expectations.

Let’s just pause to savour that for a minute…

Out of interest Bob, and for the benefit of the Anciennne Régime - how many LP12s have you owned?

2 Likes

4 and still have the 4th, bought as an investment and it’s doubled in value.

1 Like

I love you Bob, I really do :heart:

I know, I provide you with minutes of amusement.

It’s interesting that people are mostly chasing the latest technology, where as I chase not losing money and a decent sound.

1 Like

I used to own a pair of these, they are deceptively massive and need power and to be away from walls. Check the tweeters are OK, 'cos you can’t get them.

Very nice with the right amp.

For old bignose in Pinchbeck

1 Like

Big brother to the TC50 afair can’t imagine there are many about
Not v sensitive but a rep for great driver integration

I think there are less than 10 pairs in the UK.

Love to hear a set, but yet to hear a non-vintage set of B&Ws I like. Already got bathroom scales, so they can keep the Devialets.

Looks like the woofer is the real nightmare according to Madisound
"Spica TC50

The Audax tweeters used in this speaker are available again! The new tweeter is the Audax TW025A2 tweeter, replacing the old part number of HD100D25. The woofer is the Hif 17JVX 4 ohm and we don’t know of any similar speaker to replace this driver. There is no fix for the woofer that we are aware of. Bad woofer = junk speaker."

Haha I typed aren’t and apparently it says are. Bolox

TC50 were a real mag favourite but still rare, agree there can hardly be any of these big ones about

I have had TC-50’s and I found them a bit meh, OK if you want to listen to music without bass and not loud. The Angelus is a much more competent speaker, althought about 20 times the size.

Bob in “speakers without bass are meh” shocker :astonished:

2 Likes

Mind, he’s right about something for once… :zipper_mouth_face:

Says the man with 2 large wardrobes fitted with drive units :wink:

He’s not wrong mind…

On this occasion :grin:

1 Like