eBay stuff (Part 1)

My Jeff Rowland/Wilson system was true balanced from cartridge pins through to speaker terminals - and we all know how good that sounded…:thinking:

Is the correct answer ‘better than your current system’ ?

1 Like

no…that is the “I wanna be banned” answer :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t even know what a balanced system is,luckily this isn’t a hi fi forum,or i’d look pretty silly.

4 Likes

I think it means that it doesn’t fall off the shelf.

One speaker on the left, the other on the right.

1 Like

Does coco know this?

1 Like

I’m surprised no one has made balanced speaker drivers yet as a gimmick. Just think, special 3 way cable, proprietary connectors, marketing would have a field day…

1 Like

Well a pro driver with dual voice coils might work.

I’d want to listen to any of these old restored Snells before accepting they sounded as the originals did.

This pair appears to have a half decent chance of being OK but I’d still want to hear them.

1 Like

Snell would always customise the crossover to the driver AFAIK - I doubt that Wilmslow would be able to do that.

OK who bought the Js?

If I had some spare pennies I would bid on these. Pretty speakers.

If anyone’s close, perhaps worth popping in to see if they have the stands too ? Looks like the sellers CEX, and won’t have full idea of value ?

I once bought a pair of LS3/5a Rogers from cash converters for £55, which pleased me. The guy selling them laughed mockingly at me when I said they were worth five times that (after I’d bought them). I sold them for six times that.

1 Like

Capitalism is evil :wink:

2 Likes

Been pulled, somebody made an offer then.

Who’s been down to Kilburn then? And can I have a listen?

Always fancied some of them. Pretty things.