ETF 2017 Denmark

On the white horns there are some German home built field coil units that do use 555 diaphragms. The grey horns have some large format Celestion comp drivers on them.

1 Like

It pains me to note even the glitterati of European audio do not extend to Muffins

Wot…no

Pork overdose…

1 Like

No such thing

2 Likes

There actually was some nice cake for dessert but no muffins. They need to allocate 95 percent of their time to making lethal objects and perhaps 5% to honing their baking skills. Pleased to see that in a true pork loving country large bowls of scratchings are on offer.

3 Likes

Haha, was ready to reply with: “we don’t need no steenking cashew nuts”.

2 Likes

They’re cunningly disguised!

No fermenting (read rotten) seabirds then?

Must leave that to the Norwegians/Icelanders

Another room this time occupied by the German contingent.
EMT 948.

The most ludicrous and large 2 box DAC with comedy umbilical cable.

Blohbaum amp

The light isn’t great in this room making photography tricky.

1 Like

Is this one in a school, Guy?

No it is some kind of residential resort with restaurant, a couple of largish halls, conference rooms and then accommodation in blocks separate to the central core of buildings. Very pleasant though, ideal for this kind of gathering. We’re up on the northern coast of Sjaelland (Sp ?) About 30 miles NW of Copenhagen.

Can we see more of the food please?

Happy birthday btw

2 Likes

Happy birthday indeed! :balloon:

A few other nice items.

124 with Thales arm.

Verdier platter & bearing?

Headphone amp

Thomas Mayer phono & 10Y line stage (supplied as kits)

4 Likes

Will take some more food shots at dinner tonight.

Did you think to take any Curd with you Guy? I found it raised my senses perfectly for critical listening

3 Likes

The headphone amp looks pleasingly mad.

Martina refurbished 401.

This year’s shootout is between single channel speaker systems. I think the constraints were high sensitivity >96dB but only having to be able to play down to 300 Hz which means that the entrants didn’t need a large LF section as that bit was already here. Just listening to one of them as they check and measure it so it can be dropped in for the listening shootout later Sounding pretty good.

3 Likes

So still not as far North as Pmac then?