Feckin' Weather

Late birthday treat?

1 Like

If thereā€™s a girl in Ilford who doesnā€™t like a pearl necklace, @Jim hasnā€™t come across her.

Hat/coat deployed to take that joke out to collect its winter fuel allowance.

5 Likes

Going to be a good one. Iā€™d better get started tying things down first thing tomorrow.

And get a good bottle of whisky in :+1:

Stocked up permanently :grinning:

6 Likes

Hope it isnā€™t too bad Paul and that the power stays on.

2 Likes

Thanks, Paul. The local forecast seems to indicate that the worst of it (force 10 - 12) will be between 4pm today and 3am tomorrow. After that it will just be force 8 or 9 until Sunday am.

Why not try to see if there is any relationship between the tastes of different scotches and standing outside in a blizzard? Do peaty ones work better in force 9 sleet, while a ā€œhalf an inch of sideways snow per minuteā€ lends itself to a lighter, sharper aroma?

Itā€™s all about taking the opportunities.

1 Like

I think I might be more likely to try the different flavours while watching it through the windows!

1 Like

Getting lively here

Expecting the inevitable power cut soon. That will mean no internet, no mobile coverage, no landline. Iā€™ll be cut off!!!

Contingency plan -

Coleman camping light, oil lamp, candles, radio, whisky

3 Likes

Aw come on, even we have a little petrol genny (noisy little chap, but it keeps the fridge/freezer and the c/h pump and a few lamps on) in the semi-urban Thames valley. We have candles and whisky too.

Seriously though, stay safe and warm. Is the peat dry enough to burn yet ?

VB

Sing campfire songs.

Is it buggery bollox! Iā€™m resigned to using it next winter :roll_eyes:

Sing to myself?

The dogs canā€™t hold a tune

Thought youā€™d need more vents in that shedā€¦ :grinning:

1 Like

Put then on a fire to dry them out :sunglasses:

Someone took this pic of Lerwick Harbour just before dark :grinning:

He described it as a maelstrom.

13 Likes

And thatā€™s about 12:45pm at this time of year isnā€™t it ? Heaven knows what itā€™s got like in the hours since then. Still, nice to see the folks on the jet-skis in the middle distance.

VB

1 Like

Haha, the pic was taken at 3:30

And yes, It has got significantly worse since then. Noticed lots of ships anchored South of Fetlar and a few in Tresta Sound (visible from our house) to escape the worst of it. I bet itā€™s still fun on them though, the sea must be very lumpy by now.