Feckin' Weather

The usual car and snow derived numptiness here at the garage today.
Already had 3 calls regarding windscreen wipers not working since yesterday.
Guess what you fucking retards - wiper arms are not designed to move several kilos of uncleared snow from your screen!
Utterly lazy fucking cockwombles!

15 Likes

LOL, pays the mortgage mate.

1 Like

Early this morning (0430) there was still a thick covering of snow with the added bonus of feckinā€™ ice. It took quite a bit of rocking back a forward to free the car but once moving it was like driving onā€¦errrā€¦ice :roll_eyes:

Once I got to the actual road all was clear.

Thereā€™s been quite a bit of melting here but itā€™s not all gone by any means. Iā€™m going to let nature melt as much as it can then whateverā€™s left at 3-4pm will have to be shovelled/swept off the pavement in front of my short drive. Weā€™ve learnt the hard way that if we let it freeze, which it definitely will tonight, then driving off the drive will become tricky. Reversing back on is much worse. A good deal of power is needed to get the back wheels up the very slopey/icy pavement and then the car has to be brought to a stop before its rear end cannons into the garage doors. Best just to make sure thereā€™s no ice in the first place.

VB

No work today as iā€™m on a four day week and on holiday tomorrow.

ICE.

More snow falling now

Cold and sunny here. There are strong predictions of an aurora tonight and the skies are expected to be clear, so Iā€™m going to try and get some pics if it materialises.

6 Likes

I managed to get to work ok :+1:

I also arrived fine, I work here today.

7 Likes

Iā€™m getting cross climate tyres fitted on wednesday which means from thursday onwards it will be the warmest and driest winter on record.

5 Likes

Michelin?

Had one of the best drives home from work ever today.
Left at 5.00 did 52 miles via M25 and M23 and got home at 6.08

2 Likes

yep, have been trying to resist replacing them for a while and now that theyā€™ve got some poncy award the price went from Ā£85 a corner to Ā£105 a corner.

Managed to find some on black circles that have a lower speed rating (which is still higher than my cars top speed) than the ones that are fitted to my car with Ā£25 off so came in at Ā£95 a corner fitted.

Cleared the bit of our road from our house to the main road. Just seen a Prius get that far and skid.

Supposed to be down to -10 overnightā€¦

Well as a tyre salesman would say it is the only part of your car in contact with the road so why would you buy shit?

Not true, my exhaust is also in contact with the road.

10 Likes

Whereā€™s ya southern BBQs now eh? Tell me that, go on, tell me. Itā€™s not all hot weather and shorts down there.

Up north, mildly shit weather all the time, pays dividends now, thatā€™s all I can say. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The only reason you havenā€™t yet organised a bunkhouse bake-off up there yet is because you canā€™t be sure which month wonā€™t be a total wash-out.
(on very dodgy ground after the shitty weather we had down here in June!)

3 Likes

It was lovely on the Sunday afternoon :+1:

When all the cunts had gone!

5 Likes